Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by Samoaman: Carnival Splendor to Mexico

Carnival Splendor to Mexico

Sail Date: December 2012
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Los Angeles

This was a great cruise with virtually no issues or problems. I have to publicly thank my Father and Mother-in-law for treating us to this fantastic cruise.

After reading some of the reviews for this ship I was a little concerned about the food, but I have to say that this was the BEST FOOD I have had on any cruise I've been on so far. This was our tenth cruise. I don't know what some people expect, but it was great and diverse.
Embarking was very easy. We arrived around 10:30 or so and after checking in at the many outside check-in stations, we had our Sail and Sign card in hand and went to the number 6 line for going through the metal-detectors. It only took about an hour or so till we got on the ship.

The ship itself was spotless and clean. Our room was very, very quiet. We had an starboard aft room with a balcony. Our steward was very good. We only saw him a couple times the whole week, but our room was always perfect with ice in the bucket at all More times.

I have to mention again that whoever said that the food wasn't any good must be the kind of person that is never happy with anything! My Father-in-law, who has been on over 100 cruises, and on pretty much every line, said that he too felt that this was the best food he has ever had on a cruise. My only complaint was the cheese they put in the made-to-order omelets is not very good. It has a weird consistency and not much flavor. So I just had them leave the cheese off and they were great. That's about the only thing we could find that wasn't great. The all-you-can-eat ice cream was awesome too. We ate dinner at the Golden Pearl during the 8:15 seating. It was fantastic to say the least. Our waiters were very helpful and after the first night they anticipated what we liked. Our service was very good.
Would I take this cruise again? In a heartbeat. Less

Read more Carnival Splendor cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Splendor Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Splendor Balcony Empress 7409

Very nice room. It was very quiet and had a nice amount of space.