Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by SnooBoo

Cabin Category: D7
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
        10-12 2.0

The Good and Bad about the Allure-- The Truth!
I went in the Allure with my wife- 2 kids- boys 10 and 12 and my mid 80s year old parents. Here is the straight scoop:

1) GREAT-The value of the Allure for me was the entertainment- this made the ship... Chicago, Oceanaria, Blue Planet== were broadway quality and I have seen a lot of Broadway. This was way beond anything I have seen on a ship before.. They key- anything you do not book prior to the cruise-- on the first day- make sure you go straight to show reservations to get them. THis is a must do as soon as you get on board.

2) GREAT-The night form of entertainment- the Jazz show in particular and Prohibition Jazz event , the Comedian( especially the family show), the Mowtown headliner- also top quality.. I would not miss the Audobon duo who does Classical music- a Violin and Guitar- they were amazing.. go see them in Central Park at night- just amazing.. the Disco was not good- but the Dance party in the Solarium was very nice- so go there. Overall- save your energy for the shows and night entertainment- they made the ship!!!

2) GREAT-- Layout of ship and art work- this is a beautiful ship-- really well done- easy to get around after 1 day... elevators did move slow day 1/2- but then things speeded up...spend time to look at all the nooks and crannies

2) GREAT- if you have young kids--- all the Pixar characters and Dreamwork Characters--the parades with them, and pictures with them were great... we did not utilize them- kids too old- but I think if anyone is considering a Disney cruise- go on Allure- you get all the characters and stuff like on Disney- but its an Adult cruise.. Anyone with young kids-- this ship would be a 3 time homerun...character breakfast seemed very nice too!

3) OKAY-The food-- RCCL is not the best. The dining room is spotty-- the first few nights were good- the last few were great. you can even ask them to do a special order on night 5 for something not on the menu that you liked on night 4... I did that for veal chops... Steak in main dining room- just bad- stay away from- hard to do it well for 6000 people.. Solarium was great for Breakfast also the Main dining room great for breakfast also- as well as lunch.. Windjammer- great for kids- lousy for adults- just bad food. Overall- food is a C- do not come with high expectations- and you will be fine. I heard CHOPS was good- and we had reservations for Park 150 we never made it to- but with 6 people a dinner at a speciality restaurant would be $180- too much for me given the MDR was free.. ALSO_ the RITAs CANTINA Party was horrible- bad food- good drinks- really bad food...stya away. also hot dogs- they were ok- but got big indigestion from the hot dog bar. MDR- did a nice job on thanksgiving with nice menu and dinner...

5. GREAT- We had a deck 11 balcony on the ocean- about 150/cabin more then an inside room- well worth the $$- room felt a lot bigger- also could open it and go to the kids room..balcony on inside space- central park- did not make sense to why someone would do that- but hey- to each his own:)

6. OKAY-Kids was an issue- my 12 year old went to teen room and hung out with kids he met. the 10 year old felt the kids club group of 10/11 activities were too babiesh and I agree- so he felt bored- we played ping pong and did the florider etc..but I think at 10/11- they need to take them out of the kids club and revamp the program.... rock climbing was great.

7) Ports-- OKAY- We had Labadee, Cozumel and Jamacia--- THe ship is the deal on this cruise... Labadee- it was raining- it seemed very cramped- beach not nice at all compared to anywhere else. Jamaica-- went to Dunns RIver- a lot of boats in port and Dunns was packed... too commercial--we had been to Costa Rica for 2 weeks during the summer so we had done a lot o active vacation stuff so Dunns was eh... Cozumel- I went diving- was very nice- kids went snorkeling- the weather was a bit chilly, and water was 81 degrees- we from South Florida so we like warmer water.. AGAIN-- you go on this cruise for the Ship etc.. and not the ports.

8) Service-- GREAT w exceptions. Cruise Director Ken-and his staff- great. Dining ROom and Room attendant- Excellent- 6 stars... only bad staff- the Photo shop is understaffed - takes forever to get your pictures printed out... CUstomer service desk- takes forever- go at Midnight or 6 AM- never on first or last day unless necessary- their systems take forever- use self service kiosks..Very quick easy on and off boarding embarking, disembarking and at ports

9) GYM- BAD-- very few classes- ones that were there required $$$, a lot of broken machines, no view, snotty instructors, just a bad feeling about it.. the Track was nice- wish it was higher deck.. I had a HOT MALE SHAVE in the Spa-- well worth it-- woman was great......

Hope this helps!!! Barry