Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by psbchris: Allure was a fantastic experience!

psbchris
Member Since 2007

Compare Prices on Allure of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Allure was a fantastic experience!

Sail Date: October 2012
Embarkation: Other

I finally have a chance to write my review for my Allure of the Seas cruise on Oct. 28. Some background: This was my 14th cruise, and 11th on RCCL. I am a Diamond Member with RCCL as well. I have also cruised on Celebrity, Carnival, and Princess, but prefer RCCL. We booked a Crown Loft Suite, 1728, with 3 of us in the room, and traveled with some family on their first RCCL cruise.
Prior to the cruise, we stayed at the Hyatt House Ft. Lauderdale South by the airport. I cannot say enough good things about this hotel... It is minutes from everything! The rooms are clean, and the service is great!
Embarkation:
We left for the port around 10:45, and were there within 10 minutes. We were moved to the Suite check-in, which was super fast. By the time we were checked in and Sea Pass picture taken, they were already boarding the ship! Total time was about 15 minutes. We headed to Park Cafe and got our roast beef sandwiches, were as good as I remember on Oasis of the More Seas.
Suite:
At 1:30, we were allowed in the rooms. We had a crown loft suite, which is aft, overlooking the Boardwalk. Wow!!! What a room!!! It is about the width of a Jr Suite, but 2 stories. The room is beautiful. The bathrooms as well. The downstairs bathroom had a single shower, which was larger than a regular room shower. Upstairs was a 2 person shower with a rain shower. Our suite attendant was there immediately, and introduced herself. Much has been said about lack of privacy on these suites, but we did not experience this. Once you shut the balcony doors, you hear practically no noise from outside. If you have the lights on and the curtains open at night, people may be able to see in, but otherwise all is good. The suite was fantastic!!
Food:
The food overall was very good. The main dining room service was very quick, and I can't say nicer things about the wait staff. The meats were cooked as ordered, and never one complaint. We had dinner one night at 150 Central. This is one of the best dining experiences ever! The food and service was exemplary, and well worth the surcharge.
Overall:
The ship was in great shape and clean throughout. No issues with service at all. The bartender in the Suite Sun Zone, JaiHo, was fantastic!! Service was great! We never had a hard time finding a quiet spot. This is truly a resort at sea.
Shows:
OceanAria - fantastic! Chicago - Was excellent. The cast did a great job. Blue Planet - odd. The comedy show was extremely funny. We also visited the jazz club a few times which was great.
Disembarkation:
We carried our luggage off with early disembarkation around 6:45 and were in the car by 7:10. Quick and fast!!!
This was a great experience overall and continues to show my loyalty to RCI as my preferred cruise line. Less

Read more Allure of the Seas cruise reviews >>