Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by girlsjustwannacruise: Fascination first time for kids, great time for all

girlsjustwannacruise
Member Since 2011

Family & Children 4.5

Compare Prices on Carnival Fascination Bahamas Cruises

Fascination first time for kids, great time for all

Sail Date: October 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Jacksonville

Embarkation: Jax port took a lot longer to embark than my previous cruise on teh Fantasy, we waited in line for about an hour and a half and then discovered that one of the security cameras had broken and that was the cause for the delay. They did offer leamonade and water while you waited which was nice, i thought.
First impression of the ship:
I loved the fantasy, the fascination was 'dark' in color and was no where near as pretty as the fantasy, in my own opinion. But... it was spotless and well taken care of and i had no other complaints, just personally did not like the decoration of the ship, thats all.
Dinning:
I liked the food WAY better than on the Fantasy. I have no idea why it was so much better but it was. Our food was always cold on the Fantasy, but on the Fascination it was always hot, and cooked exactly as it should be. Was really a wonderful experience. our wait staff was amazing and went out of the way for us, calling us by name and remembering our More drinks from the night before. I also enjoyed the dancing and singing that they did for us.
The Buffet was closed at odd hours and even though it was open enough hours, it just seemed like we always hit it at the wrong time. Food on buffet was good.
Entertainment:
The show "Hey Mambo" was not my cup of tea. We only stayed the first half hour and then left. We dont speak spanish and it was confusing to watch a show that was a lot of spanish singing. I never got it. The 80's reveiw show was excellent!!! WE loved it very much! would like to see it again as a matter of fact, do not miss this show!
Besides the shows, the entertainment was very much lacking on this ship. Sure, they had the hairy chest contest, the sailaway party and the mega deck party, but that was it the entire rest of the cruise. NO LIVE MUSIC EVER!!!!!!!! Not even DJ music for most of the day and night. I really did not understand this at all!!!!!! who does not want music on the lido deck????? It made for some very boring nights of just sitting around chit chatting on the lido deck because nothing else was going on. This is my biggest complaint, the entertainment on this ship. The captain's celebration was a joke as well. We rushed to get ready for this and upon arrival at the bar it was suppossed to be held at, there was not a soul in sight. We asked if this was the celebration and was told "yes" because it was $1 off drinks. hmmmm... no captain in sight, no live music, no people. WE asked when the captain would be there and were told that he would wonder in at some point and say hi... guess what? he did NOT. So we sipped a few coctails and went on our way to dinner, which was good.
Ports:
Half Moon cay was amazing. We did not do any excursions here as we just realluy loved the beach. BEST ever!!!! The island BBQue was good as well, no complaints. THis place is like paradise!!!!
nassau:
Would like to avoid this stop again. Other than going over to Atlantis for pictures, i didnt enjoy this port at all. i think this port takes a lot of planning ahead. If you go here, please book an excursion or you might as well just stay on the ship. There is a free private beach but its not a great beach, just an okay one in my opinion.
Overall:
It was a wonderful cruise, mainly because the staff was so wonderful. My kids enjoyed the camp carnival very much and it kept them pretty busy. I will not sail this ship again just based on the lack of entertainment on the ship. I would rather not be bored on my cruise next time. I did enjoy the casino but there is only so much time and money you can spend in there. I will continue to cruise with Carnival because the service is great, the ships are clean, and i trust them. Less

Read more Carnival Fascination cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Fascination Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Fascination Oceanview Main

R136 and R140 are connecting cabins, R136 has a pull down berth and a trundle bed so can sleep up to four and R140 sleeps two. Great location, perfectly midship and low so mut much movement, close to the elevators that take you to the casino.