Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by loco1969

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by loco1969
Carnival Fascination
Cabin Number: M135
        7-9 1.0
Rates 5+

Good & Bad
We were on the Carnival Fascination from October 13th thru October 18th. Overall, we had a great time. This was our second cruise but my first time experiencing sea sickness. The water was very choppy on our first night at sea, it was extremely difficult to walk without stumbling into someone. Past Fascination cruiser and even some of the crew members said that it was the worst that they had experienced. We still had some rockiness on the following days but no where near how it was one the first night.

Our cabin was much smaller than it was on the Legend, I guess since it's a smaller ship. The food in the dining room was good and our waiters and bar staff in the Imagination Dining Room were awesome; however the staff for breakfast or lunch in the Sensation wasn't as good. The food everywhere on the Lido deck except the Mongolian Grill was comparible to a Golden Corral, but I don't really expect much better for any buffet; the Mongolian was good but the lines were always extremely long.

The shows were ok, the break dancers in "Far From Over" were awesome but the rest of the dancers need to work on their choreography and I've heard better singers at talent shows.

My daughter had a blast on the slides at water works which were surprisingly never packed, she also enjoyed Camp Carnival but I felt that the staff was no where near as good as it was on the Legend; they just seemed to be there to collect a check. That's pretty much how we felt about most of the staff on this ship. The dining staff, Fernando, Francisco, Rolando and Davis and our cabin steward, Joe, were the only ones that actually seemed to be trying to get a tip.

The shopping specialist, Taryn, was anything but. The only shops that she knew about in port are the ones that Carnival has a deal with; I asked her if there was a Pandora store in Nassau and she said that she did not know. There is one on Bay Street inside John Bull as well as one at the Marina Shops on Paradise Island. I bought a coupon organizer during the shopping show on the ship specifically for a free necklace that we were supposed to get; the shop that was giving them out said that they ran out of them weeks ago and offered me earrings instead, I don't wear earrings because of an allergy. I told Taryn about this and the only thing that she tried to do to correct it was offer me a cheap metal ship charm. She was very nonchalant about the whole thing.

Half Moon Cay was absolutely beautiful and I want to go back there but not on the Fascination. Nassau really didn't impress me at all, it seemed very dirty for a major port city and there were way too many people trying to hussle us!!

I will definitely cruise Carnival again because I feel for our budget and with having a young child, they are our best option, but I don't think I would cruise on this ship again!

Publication Date: 10/25/12