Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by MARK18

Cruise Date: October 2012
Embarkation: Barcelona
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: D1
See More About: Liberty of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Rates 5+

Incredible European Cruise with a few issues
Just off a 7 day Med cruise from Barcelona on the Liberty of the Seas. First off, the ship is gorgeous, well maintained, with plenty of activities to keep everyone satisfied.

CABIIN: We stayed in balcony cabin on deck 9 towards the aft end. Great room, great location, and very quiet. The cabin attendant, Marlon, was always there to open the door before we could take our key out. It was uncanny. He kept the room spotless. 10/10

ENTERTAINMENT: We saw all the shows and were very impressed. There was a technical issue during Saturday Night Fever and they seamlessly fixed it. All the singers and dancers we saw were excellent. 10/10

TOURS: We used only the ship tours. Yes, they are expensive, but it's worth every penny for peace of mind if any issue occurs. Most impressive was our guide out of Naples, Enzo. He took us back in time to Pompeii with such an incredible narrative, I thought I was alive 2,000 years ago. All the guides spoke English well and gave us great information about the destination. 10/10

DINING: We ate in every venue of the ship. The two specialty restaurants were excellent. I had a porterhouse in Chops that was superb, while my Filet Mignon in Portofinos could be cut with a fork. The food in Sorrento's (the pizza place) was good, not great. I did like the duck pate. As for the rest, it was all mediocre at best. The Windjammer was served burned burgers and stale buns, while the selection at Jade included sushi similar to what I get at my local grocery store. The main dining room was embarrassing. I could have used my duck to play basketball with since it was so rubbery. The giant shrimp I had was also ready to be bounced off the floor. There sad part is the selections was so poor I didn't even bother to get another item. I must admit the red cabbage was pretty good. 4/10

Service: The service on board was outstanding. Everyone was so nice, we couldn't ask for anything more. From our room attendant, to the dining staff, to the bartenders (hello to Steve in the Olive & Twist) everyone exceeded our expectations. 10/10

OVERALL: With the exception of the food, this was the ideal cruise. I totally understand that it really isn't feasible to feed that many people and provide top quality food. For this reason we will go to back to the smaller ships or an upscale cruise line to get the food we like.

Publication Date: 10/16/12