Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by mps1305: Fabulous Western Med Cruise! Superb holiday

mps1305
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Liberty of the Seas Europe - Western Mediterranean Cruises

Fabulous Western Med Cruise! Superb holiday

Sail Date: October 2012
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Barcelona

We booked the cruise fairly late (5 weeks before) and as such got a fantastic saving paying roughly half of what the original price should have been!

Here is my review of a fantastic ship and holiday!

Dinning

Amazing level of choice and quality! We ate in the min dining room 3 times, the windjammer self service 3 times and Jonny Rockets the American dinner once for Dinner and all were fantastic! The service in the main dinning room was second to none and the food and choice of food in the restaurants we used was fantastic and better than any 5 star hotel we have stayed at before! Despite 3500 being on board and the fact the Windjammer cafe serves 5000+ people a day over breakfast, lunch and dinner and still maintains such high standards of fresh food and service is a credit to the staff on that ship!

We didn't sample Chops Grille and Portofino restaurants where there is a $5 surcharge but with the standard of the free dinning I imagine these would be More stunning!

There is also some great eats on the Royal Promanade - Sorrentos Pizza where you can get a few slices or cakes or other light bites was great as was the coffee shop that served cookies, and bakery items!

The best part of the holiday! The cruise director (Leo Papa) and events manager (Rod) really made our holiday they were so funny and really great in their job! It was a case of each night what can we fit in! There is lots of great small bits of entertainment to pass your time like a trivia quiz in a bar, karaoke, name that tune etc but the BIG events were fantastic! We went to Up in the air which was an amazing acrobat show, Saturday night fever (which was honestly better than Mama mia which we watched on broadway) A Dancing on ice spectacular, again amazing! Jonathan Ansell sang one night (from the group G4) which we did not expect and he too was top notch. But as I said it was Leo and Rod who really made the entertainment so much so I would want to go back on Liberty just for those 2 as they really did make the holiday!

The ship

Fantastic vessel, so clean and easy to navigate! The amount of bars, lounges, sports activities are too much to mention but trust me whatever your tastes you will find things you will love from the Casino, piano bar, Flowrider surf machine you name it the ship has it!

In summary the best thing I can say about the ship and holiday is I dont have 1 negative comment to make not a one!

I am now looking at booking my next Royal Caribbean cruise and would go back on Liberty in a heartbeat but also would love to try the even bigger Oasis class cruise ship! Less

Read more Liberty of the Seas cruise reviews >>