Carnival Pride Cruise Review by Georgeny

Member Name: Georgeny
Cruise Date: September 2012
Embarkation: Baltimore
Cabin Category: 11
See More About: Carnival Pride Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

All great but table 149
Traveling with friends suite 4237 they had adjoining 4239. Mixed signal on boards and via Carnival about opening the balcony divider between these two aft cabins, However had no problem having it opened but had to make request via Customer Relations Desk ( gee remember when they were they PURSER's office.

We have sailed Pride before and had recently sailed Miracle same suite in May from NY. We enjoy sailing from Baltimore, more so than from Manhattan even though we are but 35 miles from Manhattan. Don;t mind the 4 hour drive to Baltimore, we go day early and stay in White Marsh area.

Prides staff all smiles and service except for our dining room staff, Jorge and team, man these guys were really, really bad. I expect shorts in dining room, I accept no bread basket on table, I know Carnival not top shelf dining staff and all that is fine. These guys table 149, wow film them and show work how NOT to work table. I think ONE night they remember to actually offer water or iced tea. That night while pouring my water from left hand, poured iced tea on my leg from right hand. Food excellent sadly many times luke warm and twice ice cold by time they bothered actually serving it. Served wrong meals, oh just goes on, upsets me to even think about it.

We wanted to change tables but one couple table mates was against traveling with us was against that. We lived with it, thought about pulling tips but decided that it wasn't that they weren't working just they were just HORRIBLE at what they did. Never saw Manuel, Matri Dee or any supervisory staff anywhere in area. Probably couldn't make there way through photos. ONLY bad experience was dining room. Again knew that Manuel runs a crappy dining room but didn't know he ran it down this bad. As always shorts abound, so be it. Assistant wanted to pout iced tea in wine glass? Did have an great bar waiter serving table 140 probably knew we would need drinks o deal with this dining staff!

Food as said great both in dining room and buffet area no complaints. Drinks and drink staff great. Cabin Steward and assistant perfect.

I would say we already knew that photography appears to be the main onboard revenue area after booze. Pictures at table every night. Almost a gauntlet at private island FOUR photo setups with first 30 feet? Talk about over kill. Bought not one.

Only attended comedy shows, very good. I see George Lopez group gone now. Casino free drinks on obtaining 1500 points and again sent chocolate strawberries to regulars players. Actually saw TWO people win Ipad and $500 form that carnival type machine that always has a dozen people trying to unseat them from swinging hooks.

I believe ship is going for refurb and they had already changed some sofas in public areas to a nice tan leather type. But found ship in good shape as always.

Embark smooth, disembark even smoother but the dog stopped and didn't lift his leg. Surprised since guy was in his 50's I would say. Officer escorted him and family to head of line and private room. He wasn't protesting, think he knew dog knew it's job.

Also sadly were delayed leaving Grand Turk due to a passenger passing away just before we sailed. Two hours to await release by coroner and authorities and pack and unload family and body. Captain informed us of the passing and asked for our prayers for the family. Rumor was lady in 50's that had suffered distress on beach then returned to ship where she passed. Unknown if that was correct information.

So all in all a good cruise with exception of dining experience. Dining is indeed a large part of our cruise enjoyment so it did impact but heck we didn't let it ruin the other parts of our cruise. The rest of the excellent staff helped to over ride that experience. I would have no problem sailing Pride again and almost certainly will for convenience.

George in NY - Caribbean Princess next end of the month - so many ships so little time

Publication Date: 10/08/12