Carnival Pride Cruise Review by W1nniethepooh: Carnival Pride

Carnival Pride

Sail Date: September 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Baltimore

My husband and I, along with my grown daughter, her friend and 5 others set sail from the Port of Baltimore on the Carnival Pride. We arrived at the port at around 12:30, got checked in, ate lunch and relaxed on Lido deck until our room was ready. We set sail around 4:30. Had a wonderful dinner in the Normandie. A funny thing happened. I ordered the Flat Iron Grill Steak - medium well. I really like it well done, and usually when dining out if I ask for it medium-rare, I get it well done. Well this time I got what I asked for - medium rare. I really don't like any pink, so I asked Bea, our wonderful waitress, if she could have them cook it a little more for me. No problem. The service in the Normandie was friendly and professional. We all loved it.
We spent 2 beautiful days at sea, enjoying the shows and playing all the games on ship board. This was our second cruise on the Pride and I noticed that the games were a lot better this time. Very interactive and fun. We More also got to meet a lot of wonderful poeple.
Our stateroom was right next to Camp Carnival, which concerned me because I thought it would be noisy. But even though they had activities for the children late into the night, we did not hear a thing!
The staff was so friendly and what I really noticed is that you always got service with a smile! Wednesday morning we arrived at Grand Turk and we went on the semi-sub excursion. What a blast!! We spent an hour under water watching the fish and looking at the beautiful coral. Then we did a taxi tour and got a really good look at the island. I was a bit disappointed in how run down it was. It was hit by a hurricane 4 yrs. ago and has not really recovered. I was pleasantly surprised to find that Carnival has helped the island by creating jobs and also supplying trailers to the local schools when their classrooms were destroyed by the hurricane. Thursday we arrived in Half Moon Cay, which is owned by Carnival. A beautiful place to be. We took a tender boat to the shore and then went swimming in the sea. We were served a wonderful lunch on the island and then headed back to the ship in the early afternoon. Friday, we spent the day in Freeport, shopping. My husband went on a boat tour of the lagoon and got to see the dolphins and some nurse sharks. Then we boarded the ship for home - sigh. No one in our party wanted to return to normal life after being treated like royalty all week. When we arrived in Baltimore, disembarkation went very smoothly. We arrived in port about 9 a.m and were able to disembark about 9:30 or 9:45. Everything went off without a hitch. We had a lovely time and can't wait to go again. Less

Read more Carnival Pride cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Pride Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Pride Interior Upper 5101

We had an interior stateroom. It had a king size bed, closet, two nightstands, chair, table with drawers and TV. It is a nice size and nicely decorated. We figured we weren't going to be spending much time in the room so the size of the room didn't matter to us.

Banana Boat

(5)
My husband took the banana boat tour, although he rode in the regular boat. He loved seeing the sharks and dophins.

Semi-Sub Expedition

(5)
We took a pontoon boat from the shore out to the semi-sub. A semi-sub looks like a regular boat above water, but it has a sort of basement with windows all around where you look out and watch the marine life. The staff on the semi sub were very helpful in getting us aboard safely. I think this was the highlight of the trip for many of us our group. Then we took a very informative taxi tour around the island. Was disappointed in how run down it is, but at the port Carnival had a wonderful shopping area, complete with huge swimming pool and Margaritaville. I loved the pool. Could have stayed there all day.

We took a tender boat to the shore. The water was beautiful, the weather hot (but I like it that way). I am not a beach person, so I would have preferred that there be a swimming pool there. Maybe someday. I know that Carnival has spent millions on building up the port and is continuing to make improvements all the time. My husband and daughter took the bicycle tour and loved it. They got to see a lot of the island in reasonable amount of time and the terrain was easy and flat which made the tour enjoyable.