Great Time: Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by dice02
Overall Member Rating
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
1. Cabin - very clean and real good room room attendant.
2. Cleanness Ship was very Clean except for one place, friends noticed at the Windjammer on the aft deck, along edge where it drains was really dirty. They informed manger on duty about it, I went and checked a couple of hours later, crew was working cleaning the area. Next day it looked like it had even been painted and was very clean. It pays to say something.
3. Shows - Not real good, Ship dancers on their first show were bad! Second show, real good.
4. Dining - The waiter and assistant-waiter, excellent! Plus, Bar runner really a lot of fun. The food I thought was real good (not as good as Holland American). I like to try different dishes it was all good. If you want some comfort food and late snack try Sea View More on the 12th deck, they did an excellent job. Room Service for breakfast was OK and was on time, just no room.
5. Service - Front desk was very helpful.
During the cruise at 0400 the day we were going into Venice, a man-over-board was called. What we were told by some of the crew a young crew member jumped off the 11th deck. The ship searched along with the Itainian CG for around 8 hours.,then we were released and CG continued the search for the reast of that day and the next, but he was never found. We did not get to Venice till 9 PM. RCL was able to extend the sailing time the next day by 5 hours
Don't plan on much nightlife the first few nights (everybody had long days), on the sea days things picked up at night. The ship did have a nice M&M on the first
Overall a real nice cruise. Less
Cabin review: D28142 Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony
Quiet location, long passageway,Read All Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony (D2) Reviews >>
Port and Shore Excursions
Pompeii Walking Tour
Read Cruise Critic’s Serenade of the Seas Review >>
Great Vacation in Europe
Christmas at Sea
OK, but nothing special
Waste of Time.....Waste of Mon...
Poor customer service