Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by strbriwine

Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: 4F
Cabin Number: U180
See More About: Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+

Carnival Ecstasy- Grand Old Girl
My husband and I just returned from our Carnival Ecstasy cruise and we had a GREAT time. I'll try for a play by play-day by day review!

Embarkation- Port Canaveral....you are now our favorite port....10 minutes to check in, waited 20 minutes and boarded the ship! Fastest easiest ever embarkation! Our room was ready at 1 pm and by 3pm, all of our luggage was at the door!

First evening and night on the ship was spent exploring. We had cruised the Ecstasy in 1996 and even 16 years later she was still splendid. The crew is constantly cleaning and polishing! You can see some wear and tear on her but still beautiful! We had dinner In the Panarama Dining area (buffet). I will say the food did not seem to be as good this time and it seemed to be the same thing day after day, but it was "ok" and there was plenty of it!

Day 2- Freeport- We got off the ship and took a $5 cab ride to Port Lacaya. Did a little shopping and returned 2 hours later. Boarded the ship and went to Water Works...Seemed to be the happening spot for adults and we had a ball on the water slides! I felt like a kid again!! This night was formal night and I was pleasantly surprised by all the beautifully dressed people! I'm glad most still participate...it's my favorite evening on the ship! Food in the dining room was "good". I had alligator fritters (didja) and they were great...the lobster was good and the steak was ok....melting cake...to die for!

We had our pictures taken and bought almost all of them....Please Carnival...offer some sort of packages....I spent $300 on pictures!! We were delivered strawberries and Champagne to our room from John Heald as this was our 22nd anniversary, they were beautiful and good! Went to bed early...I do my best sleeping on a cruise ship!

Day 3-Nassau- Been here 4 times and there was nothing we wanted to see. We had breakfast and wandered the streets until Senor Frog's opened and we spent a few hours there playing the games and just enjoying the weather! Then back to the ship. Nothing to exciting this day...just hung out by the pool and knocked back a few DOD's. We were excited for Half Moon Cay!!

Day 4- Half Moon Cay- Horse Back Riding Adventure- While we were excited about this and had been for weeks....I was disappointed! There were 31 people in our group...my husband and I were 4th and 5th to get on a horse...we rode around a corral for 45 minutes...then once all were on a horse we headed thru a rocky bad path...poor horses looked miserable, several were new and did not follow directions, poor training for some of them. The water part was fun but still the same issues...a few tried heading off to the ship, getting really deep in the water and the handlers had to go wrangle them back. I was glad when it was over however we did get some great pictures! The island is just beautiful, but DO NOT buy drinks in the Pirate Ship, they are $2.00 more there than on the ship...WHY???? It's all Carnival...what's up with that?? The ocean is beautiful and we played around for a while then headed back on the tender to the ship. They load the tender full but it was a comfortable ride and didnt take but a few minutes. We got some great pictures while we were there! Dinner on the ship was SSDD...once again...food just was "ok"!

Day 5- Fun Day at Sea- Chair patrol was out in full force...if you left a towel for more than 40 minutes, they took it...THANK YOU CARNIVAL!!! Best thing they could have done! We just lounged and wished we had more time but there is always next year....nothing good bad or indifferent to report on our day at sea.

Disembarkation- We got up and heard the announcement that our deck should be disembarking around 8:40 if you were self assist. We headed to breakfast at 6:30 and at 7:10am there was an announcement we were clear to exit. We hurried to our room, grabbed our bags and were off the ship by 7:30!! Again, Great Job Port Canaveral!!!

Summary-

Carnival Ecstasy is still a wonderful ship! I read all of these reviews and I just did not see anything terrible wrong with her! We had plenty of HOT water, no bad smells, room was clean and tidy at all times. Our room steward was terrific! The wait staff in the dining room the one night we ate in there was great! We did go for lunch on the last day to get our past guest drink. Service was good then, also! We thoroughly enjoyed our vacation and we also purchased one of the last Future Cruise Certificates so we are ready for our next one!! Give the Ecstasy a chance if you are thinking about a great cruise....you won't regret it!!

Publication Date: 09/24/12
Read the Bahamas ports review by strbriwine
More Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Reviews