Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by lola234: Lackluster cruise

Lackluster cruise

Sail Date: August 2012
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: Boston

This cruise was very disappointing. Freestyle cruising sounds great but there are so many food venues that not one of them is exceptional. Since both main dining restaurants are open at the same time for breakfast, lunch and dinner the only other option is the buffet or the Blue Lagoon. The Venetian is supposed to be the better of the 2 but the Aqua had a much friendlier & attentive staff. The Blue Lagoon, the 24 hour option is fine as long as you enjoy slow service and cold food. The buffet was plentiful the variety was good, but quality was horrible, with the exception of the fresh fruit, salad fixings and breakfast. We also ate at the pay for restaurants, La Cucina was disgusting! Teppanyaki was great the food was good and the chef was alot of fun!

The cabin never felt clean and there was pink mold/bacteria around the tub, dirt on all the door creases. I think we saw our room attendant once and only received the daily sheet 4 times out of 7.

Disembarkation was a More total disaster, it took almost 2 hours of standing in line to get off the ship...don't do the "easy walk off" it was nothing less then absurd!

The spa, very inexperienced staff in the salon. They messed up my daughter's eyebrow waxing & took a big chunk out of one of them & when I was irate they told me she had a scar. She did not have a scar, why they thought as her mother I would not be aware of a scar, I still think is pretty funny. I spoke with the salon manager and requested they comp her manicure as well as the cost of the eyebrow wax as it will be months before her eyebrow fills in, her reply was NO because there were no issues with the manicure but she would refund the cost of the waxing. lol We did have alot of fun, but mostly because we are fun people!
The itin was nice and we enjoyed having ample time in Bermuda.
If you have not booked yet & want to do Bermuda, I would def recommend exploring other cruise lines. Less

Read more Norwegian Dawn cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Dawn Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Dawn 11610

11610, midship family balcony. Nice location very near the elevators without a lot of noise. This cabin has a bath tub and should not be booked for someone with a handicap.