Veendam Cruise Review by pacruiser1244: Excellent experience in Bermuda
Overall Member Rating
Excellent experience in Bermuda
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Family included wife and 3 daughters. We chose this cruise because it left from NYC and stayed 3 days in Bermuda instead of hopping from place to place like the first cruise we took on Carnival.
Highlights of the week include:
- Staff, especially room stewards were extremely helpful and always pleasant.
- Rooms were kept immaculate.
- Food was phenomenal. Especially the Pinnacle.
- Wait staff was attentive and polished.
- Activities were enjoyable. Good for all ages.
- We did not do any cruise excursions. We ventured out on our own and in Bermuda this is very easy to do.
- Went to Horseshoe Bay, Snorkel Park and John Smith beach. John Smith beach had less than a dozen people there and the grill truck was superb. It rained for 30 mins but there were caves that kept us dry.
- My wife and kids loved the cappuccino bar on deck 8. The girl who worked this bar made great drinks.
- My kids loved the shows. Especially the Bob Macke More musical.
- My wife and I had an interior room on deck 4 which was well appointed. My daughters had a verandah room on deck 9 with a private balcony which was real nice.
- They do push the photos but we opted to for a photo session in the Black Label studio. They were some of the best photos we've ever had done.
- My daughter loved the chocolate chip cookies,soft serve ice cream and fresh squeezed orange juice.
- Not enough deck chairs. You have to hang around until one frees up and they go fast.
- The pool was tiny.
- The first 48 hours you can not serve yourself. Even for ice water. This was done for health reasons which we understood but seemed overzealous. Less
Read more Veendam cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Veendam Review >>
Not what we paid for... Shame ...
Glad to Breakaway from Norwegi...
A major league let down
Hurricane Season cruising at i...
Great Ship, Above Average Staf...
Boston to Montreal. Cruising ...
Slower more formal cruise