Become a Cruise Insider
Tips, deals and more in your inbox.

Veendam Cruise Review by pacruiser1244: Excellent experience in Bermuda

Compare Prices on Veendam Bermuda Cruises

Excellent experience in Bermuda

Sail Date: August 2012
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

Family included wife and 3 daughters. We chose this cruise because it left from NYC and stayed 3 days in Bermuda instead of hopping from place to place like the first cruise we took on Carnival.
Highlights of the week include:
- Staff, especially room stewards were extremely helpful and always pleasant.
- Rooms were kept immaculate.
- Food was phenomenal. Especially the Pinnacle.
- Wait staff was attentive and polished.
- Activities were enjoyable. Good for all ages.
- We did not do any cruise excursions. We ventured out on our own and in Bermuda this is very easy to do.
- Went to Horseshoe Bay, Snorkel Park and John Smith beach. John Smith beach had less than a dozen people there and the grill truck was superb. It rained for 30 mins but there were caves that kept us dry.
- My wife and kids loved the cappuccino bar on deck 8. The girl who worked this bar made great drinks.
- My kids loved the shows. Especially the Bob Macke More musical.
- My wife and I had an interior room on deck 4 which was well appointed. My daughters had a verandah room on deck 9 with a private balcony which was real nice.
- They do push the photos but we opted to for a photo session in the Black Label studio. They were some of the best photos we've ever had done.
- My daughter loved the chocolate chip cookies,soft serve ice cream and fresh squeezed orange juice.
Cons include:
- Not enough deck chairs. You have to hang around until one frees up and they go fast.
- The pool was tiny.
- The first 48 hours you can not serve yourself. Even for ice water. This was done for health reasons which we understood but seemed overzealous. Less

Published 08/20/12