Carnival Legend Cruise Review by CruiseGirl.: Had a Great time!

CruiseGirl.
Member Since 2012

Family & Children 4.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Legend Western Caribbean Cruises

Had a Great time!

Sail Date: July 2012
Embarkation: Tampa

My Husband and I have cruised Carnival and other cruise lines before. This time we wanted to take our 19 yr old son and 15 yr old daughter with us for the first time. We have never been on the Legend so I read the reviews on this site before we left and I was scared. The reviews were not very good.

I will admit that I was nervous about our daughter finding something to do on the ship, but her first night at O2 she made friends, a nice group of kids that she did introduce us to. Our Son was too old for O2 so he worked out alot at the gym, swam with his sister, ate alot and hung out with us in the Casino. We did set rules, check in and curfew times. It's up to the parents, not the ship employees to control their children.

The decor is great! Yeah, a little over the top but hey, your on vacation!! All the employees were friendly and helpful. They all remembered my name. We had two cabins, so each night we compared towel animals. The ship is clean, I always saw somebody More dusting or waxing something. The ship shows a bit of wear, but nothing to bad. I can look pass the small stuff.

The food was great! We ate everywhere on the ship! We all managed to gain 7 lbs. There is so much to choose from, so if you go hungry then I guess it's your own fault. Our waiter was the best. Our daughter wanted a main entree as a starter and he made it happen. No questions asked.

My husband is a diabetic, his insulin needs to be in the fridge. Waking up the first morning, he discovered that the mini fridge in our cabin was warm, which means, his insulin was warm. He called maintenance and they replaced the fridge right away! The best part is, my husband didn't have to explain why he needed a working fridge.

The pool was always crowded, hard to get a seat but no biggie. We put our towels/flip flops right next to the pool when we took a dip. I had no problem having to walk up the stairs to the top deck in search of a empty lounger to sunbathe.

Drinks are a bit on the pricey side, but nothing you can do about that. I feel that we made up for it on the Duty/Tax free items we bought. I've heard people complain about the lack of TV channels. This made me laugh, why do you need a TV with lots of channels when your on a Cruise ship?

We went to Mr. Sancho's in Cozumel. A wonderful place! All the food and drink you want for $50/person on a private beach. We stayed all day! Belize, I was sorry I got off the ship. Roatan was great! Another day swimming in the water! Cayman was beautiful, we did the Stingray/Rum beach trip. It was amazing! I had no idea Stingrays were so affectionate and wanted to be held!

We had a great time! Our kids loved it! We pretty much did everything on the ship! Tons to do. Again, if you can't find anything fun to do, then it's your own fault! Sit back, relax and enjoy your family on your cruise. Don't sweat the small stuff... Less

Read more Carnival Legend cruise reviews >>