Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by calgal5

Member Name: calgal5
Cruise Date: July 2012
Embarkation: other
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
See More About: Celebrity Equinox Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Member Rating   Not Rated
Dining Not Rated
Public Rooms Not Rated
Cabins Not Rated
Entertainment Not Rated
Embarkation Not Rated
Service Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Great itinerary -Celebrity could do better
Beautiful ship, awesome ports! Embarkation was smooth, had lunch at Bistro on 5. Arrived at our stateroom to find it filthy. There was dirt, pieces of old food all over the table and sofa. I cleaned it up myself with an alcohol wipe from my purse. Then I checked the bed-the sheets were dirty. At this point I became alarmed. I called the room steward and told him that he needed to come and change all of the bed linens. To his credit, while we were at dinner, he cleaned the entire room. We also did not know we were supposed to get beach towels delivered to our room. Our party had two staterooms, same steward, neither received beach towels.

The service and food in the MDR were good to very good. We had select dining, but still got to know several of the waitstaff over the course of the cruise. We had one dinner at Tuscan Grill which was great.

Kids Club was ok-kids enjoyed it.

The shows were mediocre, but we still enjoyed them.

The wine service and bar service were outstanding.

We had issues in both Athens and Istanbul (both ports we were doing on our own) getting situated when leaving the cruise terminal. We have previously done a Disney cruise, and at every port there were several cruise staff just helping people get pointed in the right direction coming off the boat. There was no help from Celebrity.

I will review ports separately, but I will say we encountered a very rude bus driver on one excursion, and when trying to give feedback to Celebrity, we received a less than satisfactory response.

Overall, the cruise was wonderful because the ports were wonderful and the ship is beautiful. I do think, however, that there were enough significant service gaps to make me hesitate to cruise Celebrity again.

Publication Date: 07/20/12