Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by RANGERROB11: Burmuda July 8th - 15th

Burmuda July 8th - 15th

Sail Date: July 2012
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: Other

Just sailed to Burmuda on the Summit. Second year in a row for my Girlfriend and I on the same cruise.

Where do I begin. First of all last years cruise was nothing short of remarkable in every way. THIS, given the fact that it rained ALL WEEK!!!.
So obviously, going into this cruise, I was a little concerned that there just HAD to a bit of a "Letdown" this year. I could not have been more wrong. So we began by getting to Bayonne at around 12:00. We were parked, checked in, and eating lunch in less then an hour. Our Luggage (My 2 bags, my Girlfriends 4!! lol) were at our stateroom by 2 pm. We decided on an Ocean View this year after having an inside room last year. It made a HUGE difference. Honestly despite the fact that the rooms are ALWAYS small on a cruise ship, we were very happy with the amout of space. They upgraded carpets, bathroom, mirror, etc. And as was the case last year, the bed was very comfortable.

We had a 6:00 pm Dinner seating and requested a More table for 2, as we did last year. Our Waiter Saraso and Assistant Waiter Antonious, could NOT have been better. They were friendly, courteous, and prompt.
The food, and this goes for the ENTIRE ship. Buffet, Dining Room, Grill at the pool, was second to NONE. I am in the food business and I am telling you that the quality and presentation of EVERYTHING was fantastic.

The entertainment for the week was again, super. They had a new cast from last year and they were just as good. We saw every show and the singers, dancers, and Russian Acrobats were just unreal.

Our cruise Director, Justin, was friendly, funny, and very good at his job. He was EVERYWHERE. When he sleeps, I have NO IDEA!! Kirstie was also really good and complemented Justin well. They did a wonderful job keeping everyone going and up to date. The comedian, Jim Mcdonald, was very funny. Our sides hurt from laughing during his first show.

I was involved in the Pool Vollyball where we played against other guests with the chance to play the 'Crew" (including Captain Theo). My team won AND beat the crew!! It was such a blast. Well put together and half the ship was watching the final game.

Burmuda was beautiful as it was a year ago but the difference was the Weather could not be better this year. We did the Snorkel to the Burmuda Shipwrecks and it was amazing. They take you out to the shipwrecks and you can actually SEE them on the bottom of the ocean. We also went to Horseshoe Bay. Beautiful Beach, Water Blue and a great temperature. We took the ferry to Saint George and did some shopping. The ferry is very relaxing and Saint George is a nice little town with cobblestone sidewalks.

I'm sure I left many things off a was all over the place, but the bottom line is that I would do an infomercial for Celebrity. Amazing cruise line that I would recommend to ANYONE and everyone. We will certainly be back next year. Less

Read more Celebrity Summit cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Summit Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Summit 2142

Clean room. Small but it works. The only thing we thought would work better was the bed being turned long ways. It was hard for both of us to get arond the end of the bed because there was only a foot to the mirror. Oterwise very pleased with the room

Entering and Exiting the ship was a breeze. They are extremly organized. We moved right through on both ends