Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by Neonnorm

Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Entertainment 5+

Great Cruise on the Celebrity Summit
We were on the July 8th,2012 sailing to Bermuda from Cape Liberty. Embarkation was

very easy. We arrived at the port 11:00 AM and within a half hour we were on the ship eating lunch at the buffet. The food was excellent right from the start and remained excellent throughout the cruise. We ate dinner every night in the Cosmopolitan Restaurant which was excellent as well. Our server Walter and his assistant Patricia were the best you could possibly have. The service was excellent and it stayed that way throughout the entire cruise. The food was always served hot and exactly the way it was ordered. I ordered ice tea the first day, after that everyday there was ice tea waiting for me at the dinner table. Service and food excellent, no need to go to the pay restaurants when you get treated the way we did.

The entertainment was excellent as well. We went to all the shows in the Theater as well as many of the shows in the lounges. They were all very professional and very enjoyable. Nestor, the latino guitarist, was very entertaining. I liked his music so much that I bought his CDs which I already listened to. They are great and have very high quality sound.

Our cabin Steward, Jose, was right on the money with the service he gave us. He did everything right and perfect. He was also friendly and courteous everytime he saw us coming or going. He kept the cabin spotless at all times. The bathroom

plumbing, drains, shower all worked well and no gas back-up smell ever which has been known to happen. The cabin was spacious with plenty of storage for our clothing.

Bermuda, which I have been to many times before, was as beautiful as ever. We enjoyed the beaches, shopping in Hamilton and Kings Wharf where we were docked. We took the ferry to Hamilton. The ferry was fast and very smooth. We sat on the ferry with some very nice people, had a conversation with them and before we knew it we were in Hamilton. We did not book any shore-excursions from the ship. We know the island and knew how to get around. When you come for the first time it is good to take do some shore-excursions as I did the first time.

The disembarkation was very easy as well. We chose 9:00 AM to disembark and at 9:07 we were called and it went very smoothly. We stayed in the Celebrity Theater on Deck 4 until we were called. There was plenty of room for everybody to sit and relax and watch CNN on the monitors, if you wanted. Before you knew it you were called. We were off the ship and on the bus in 5 minutes. We found our luggage right away and headed to customs where there was a 15 minute wait because they seem to be short handed at the time. No problem, my luggage was on a cart waiting for me. Very nice luggage handlers at Cape Liberty, courteous and friendly. The customs agent was very professional in a nice way.

All and all I would compare this to the way cruising used to be 25 years ago when I started cruising Royal Caribbean International. The quality of food and service was over the top. My hats off to Celebrity.

I look forward to cruising with you again in the near future with my entire family.

Publication Date: 07/18/12