Costa neoClassica Cruise Review by Marylandlion: Costa is a excellent value

Marylandlion
Member Since 2008
130 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Costa is a excellent value

Sail Date: June 2012
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Venice

We are just back from a wonderful trip on the Classica. We were a group of 10 experienced travelers (some more than others).
After reading some of the reviews, I was worried about what I had talked my friends into for vacation. Though some of the comments had some validity, I really don't understand most of the negative comments. It is an Italian ship and there were very few Americans on board (26). So, I can understand how the ship can be a little isolating if you are not traveling in a group.
Embarkation was not as structured as I have experienced in the past, but we asked questions, and were pointed into the right direction.
We thought the staff was wonderful. Kudos to our waiters Johnson Niranddah and Ashmed Thompson. They were attentive offered to replace any food that we did not like, bring an additional entree and even brought me extra vegetables every night. We lacked for nothing in our five course meal. Additionally, our room steward was very attentive More and friendly. The international hostess, Shannon-Marie, went out of her way to assist us in a later disembarkation so we could enjoy Trieste.
The cabin was larger than I have typically experienced. The room was quiet, bed comfortable, shower small, enough storage. The air dryer was inadequate and you cannot use your own.
I thought the hotel ship officers were very nice. I would not say they went out of their way to engage in conversation, but when greeted, they were happy to talk. The ship even planned a July 4 celebration for the Americans with champagne and cake -- very nice gesture!
We did not do any organized tours from the ship. We found the ports easy to DIY with a little planning.
We all took all inclusive package for £16 plus service charge. Great value. We got bottled water each day before leaving the ship.
The ship board entertainment was poor. It reminded me a little of some high school productions -- but I really do not go on a ship for that.
The pools (2) were very small and there are children in both.
The front desk was not very helpful and though they had a pin indicating they spoke English, I think it was minimal. Less

Published 07/11/12

Read more Costa neoClassica cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Costa neoClassica Review >>

Compare Prices on Costa neoClassica Europe - Eastern Mediterranean Cruises

Cabin review: I25122

Quiet room, good storage, small shower,

Marylandlion
Member Since 2008
130 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X