Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by Piscesgirl20003: Allure of the Seas

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Allure of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Allure of the Seas

Sail Date: July 2012

Just sailed the Allure of the Seas and had a good time. First let me say that we received a cabin upgrade. We chose an interior guarantee and received a Central Park Balcony. This would have been great except we had a connecting room and the single person that stayed in the connecting room was very rude and noisy. She liked to talk on the phone (Portuguese) very loudly and it seemed to always be by the connecting door. I think this was due to the cabin layout. She and her visitors also liked to slam doors and argue again very loudly. Free upgrade with connecting door not so great.
We pre-paid our gratuities and did My Time Dining as these were the only options available at such late booking (less than 25 days prior to trip) and I think we will stick with this option from now on. Waiters were great, room steward not so much. She seemed to spend all of her time on the phone and making excuses as to why she did not get to our cabin. Not a big deal as we aren't messy but it More would have been nice if she had vacuumed the floor at least once. There was trash under the bed when we first arrived.
Allure is beautiful, lots of places to visit and things to do. However, some of the familiar places are smaller. The Schooner Bar for example, much smaller on this ship than the others. So much so that there were not enough seats during trivia. Same for the Windjammer. Amazing artwork through out the ship. Beautiful crystal dresses in the aft elevator atrium.
Did not go on any excursions. Got off the ship only once but quickly got back on way too hot in Jamaica. Found a nice relaxing shady area to read my book which I borrowed from the ship's library. By the end of the cruise seems everyone else had found it too. Did the zip line and Flowrider on port days, less lines.
For the most part the shows were good, Chicago, OceanAria and the comedians were really good. Blue Planet is innovative but I was a little confused and somewhat offended by it. The 3D movies were really sharp as I don't normally go to 3D this was a treat. The Royal Promenade could get very crowded during the parades and celebrations. Overall good cruise and will probably sail another Oasis class again but will choose early departure.
Embarkation was a breeze however departure was terrible. Thought we might miss our flight for a while. Our flight was set to leave at 12:30 from FLL. Late Departure times were listed as 8:30 - 10:00am. We were supposed to meet in the departure lounge by 9:45am for departure from ship at 10:00am. Our luggage tag number was 90. By 10:00am they had only made it to number 78. By 10:15am we decided to just walk of the ship. We still had to wait in the what I will call the pre customs lounge for another 10 minutes. It then took 30 minutes to make it through customs. Luckily the airport is only about a 10 minute taxi ride (cost less than $15 for 2 people) from the pier. Less

Read more Allure of the Seas cruise reviews >>