Carnival Glory 3

“It was good for the kids..........but”
Cruise review of Carnival Glory

vacrusiefamily
Member Since 2012

Overall Member Rating

I didn't have high expectations when booking this family cruise. The overall booking process was not very good and took over three hours to complete on the phone followed by a two hour follow-up call. Overall, you couldn't beat the price or itinerary.

The embarkation process was very smooth and efficient; in fact it was the best of any of the cruise lines I have experienced. Once on board, the Glory was clean and well maintained but the overall layout of the ship's common areas was awkward and didn't flow very well. The cabins were well laid out much like most other lines. Our cabin steward was very attentive and helpful.

The biggest disappointment about the Glory was the food. The overall quality and selection was poor. The Red Sail served the same breakfast for six days -- deep fired bacon included. The lunch buffet items were almost inedible. It was very hard to find fresh fruit or vegetables at any of the onboard food outlets. The 24 hour pizza wasn't great More -- if you asked for more than one slice you were told no -- ship policy only one slice at a time. You can get better food at TGI Friday's. To top things off during our six day cruise on the Glory the ship ran out of bananas, mint (for mojitos), cranberry juice, and orange juice!!! We ordered room service breakfast one day and when our order arrived they brought one spoon for three cereals and two coffees? It took 20 minutes to get more spoons?

The ship's crew was the rudest and most unhelpful I have ever encountered. I waited for a drink at the pool bar for several minutes...when it was finally my turn I was told the bar was closing and to go to the other bar! The exception to service was our cabin steward and waiter in the Platinum dining room.

The kid's club and activities were excellent and well organized and included with the cruise -- they were much better than some of the other cruise lines we have sailed on. Our final experience with the Glory was another highlight; the disembarkation process was well organized and went very smoothly. This was our first and our last Carnival Cruise. Less

Carnival Glory Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Ocean View

6A2223
Good location and close to the elevators, cabins 2223 and 2227 connected and there was enough room for a family of six.

Published 07/09/12

Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Glory Review

Carnival Glory Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?