Carnival Glory Cruise Review by ryanq

Cruise Date: June 2012
Embarkation: Boston
Destination: Canada & New England

10 year anniversary cruise with no kids
This was my wife's and I 10th anniversary cruise and the first time overnight without kids. We also went with my Grandfather and Brother.

Embarkation- So easy, we arrived at 11:00 (always good to get there as early as possible). We dropped of our bags at the port then went and parked the car for 50 bucks. Took a bus to the ship and practically walked on the ship. The really must have gotten there act together after the first couple of cruises from Boston

Day 1 on ship- Walked around ate some lunch on the lido got some drinks and just enjoyed ourselves. Played some mini golf. You had to get the clubs from deck 9 and then you walked up to the tail fin to play. Nice little course. Dinner was nice, I got some pasta with sausage (not great but not bad) my Pop got the flat iron steak (said he liked it but wish it was hotter) my bro got shrimp and said it was real good. We all got the warm chocolate melting cake and my bro and wife loved but mine was a little dry but still pretty good. My wife turned in early and my bro and I went to the casino for a bit and then turned in as well (more on casino later)

Day 2- Ate breakfast in the platinum dining room. Sat next to some nice people and the food was good (although small portions). Spent the rest of the morning relaxing and playing some trivia. For lunch we ate on the lido and I ate at the deli which was excellent! I also tried the burrito bar afterwards but I was a little too full from the deli to fully enjoy it. Afterwards we played some cards in the cinnabar (very pretty bar) and then went down to the cabins to get ready for formal night. We were ready at 5 so we took the hour before dinner to get some pictures taken and take some ourselves. Dinner was excellent. I had the ribs, my wife and pop had the prime rib and my bro also had ribs + lobster. All of us loved it. That night we watched the main show and got some drinks which was a lot of fun. My wife and bro went to the adult comedy show and it was hilarious! Much better then I remember from other cruises. We tried to get in the hot tubs late but they were all closed by 10.

Day 3- Ate on the lido and enjoyed it more then dining room cause we had more choices and no waiting (we were early risers). Afterwards we headed to Saint John and it was foggy. Guys were selling tours $50 an hour but seemed a little high to me. We took a cab to bay of fundy. Honestly it was pretty lame. My bro and I were going to do the zip line but it was $120 for the both of us. We then took another cab to Fort Howe but couldn't see much from up there cause of fog. We then went to the shops and they have a huge indoor mall which was nice and I can see this being popular since it seems to rain a lot there. Got some yummy beef jerky and headed back to the ship at 12:30. Took about 20 minutes to get back on. I guess a lot of people were thinking to go back on the ship for lunch as well. I got another sandwich from the deli (great again) then we all got our swim suits on and enjoyed the less crowded ship. Slide was a lot of fun! Hot tubs were ok but not very hot honestly. We then went to dinner and I got the jerk pork loin and it was pretty good. Got the flamed cherries but they didn't light it on fire but it was still really good. After dinner my wife convinced me to sign up for 60 seconds or less which I was picked for and got 3rd place and a ship on a stick. We then watched a little superstar live which was fun (karaoke with live band).

Day 4- We went to lido again and watched murder mystery winners, we got the answers right but weren't picked. If you like word games and puzzles I suggest you do it, it starts the first sea day. We did some dance classes and went to towel folding seminar, both of which were a lot of fun. We tried the platinum for lunch because we wanted to cash in our free drink coupons for being repeat cruisers. Service was pretty slow but food was good. (got a burger). I prefer the lido for lunch. We played some more trivia and my wife got her ship on a stick. Ate dinner for the last time and I got the bacon mac and cheese which was excellent. I tried the warm chocolate melting cake again and it was super moist this time and I was very happy I tried it again.

Main show was good again. Went to see both adult comics this time, both of which were great. A very nice way to end the cruise.

Day 5- Debarkation super easy USE SELF CHECK OUT!!

Here are things that stood out to me good and bad:

Casino: I used my sail and sign card and when I was done with a game I pulled it out. I did this like 5 or 6 times. I looked at my charges on my card later and the bill was way higher then I expected, here I realized I needed to press cash out to bank and use bank points on the machines. So I was out like $40 cause I did it wrong. I used cash from then on and I was much better off

Room service: Room stewart was great and knew me by name. Ordered room service once and was just ok. Porthole room was great

Dining: Loved it. Everyone was very nice and food while not gourmet was very good IMO

Shows: Only two main shows but both were pretty good. Comedians were better

Pictures: very expensive $22 for the nice ones.

Bar service: I noticed the people serving drinks were much nicer then the ones at the bar. They are all around and get used to saying no thanks a lot to drinks. No where on the ship were they too bad except in the casino it got pretty ridiculous in there.

Overall great trip and a great value, it is what you make it

Publication Date: 07/09/12