MSC Splendida Cruise Review by scud85: Perfect time with MSC Splendida

Perfect time with MSC Splendida

Sail Date: February 2012
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Genoa

I think like most when booking with MSC after we booked we checked reviews online and thought that we had made a mistake. I understand everyone is entitled to their opinion but my experience of the Splendida could not have been more positive.

We booked the cruise because it was extremely cheap. We felt for the price we paid if we kept an open mind about things it would be fine.

We cruised from Genoa, stayed in the town the night before and walked down to the cruise terminal on the morning. We had done the online check in so there was no Que for us we walked through the terminal and straight on the ship.

We were taken back by the size of the ship and how clean and shiny everything was. The ship was spotless, the staff were pristine and the main stair case in the centre of the ship was amazing.

We dropped our bags in the cabin and went straight to the bar for a cocktail to get our week started. The decor of the ship was great, extremely modern. Our More stateroom was great, an interior room but plenty of space and very comfortable bed.

The ship stopped in Barcelona, Casablanca, Gibraltar, Valencia and Marseilles. On the advice of the staff on the ship we didn't get off in Casablanca, we had a great day on the ship whilst it was quiet. Every other stop was great. Lovely European cities with great weather (except for Gibraltar).

The Dining was excellent. Again for the price that we paid we could not complain about the food. It was top quality and loads of it. We ate in the restaurant every night with 2 British couples and we had a laugh every night. The food was great and no one at our table had anything other than positive to say about it. We would have 1-2 bottles of wine with diner every night and that would then set us up for the rest of the night.

We spent most nights in the casino, drinking, having fun, talking to other couples and watching experienced gamblers playing roulette or blackjack. We found the casino the best fun on the ship at night as everyone had a great buzz about them. On some nights we made it to the disco which again was fun.

First thing every morning I played squash with a guy I ran into by accident. The squash court was a great facility to have on the ship and it was a great surprise to find out that the ship had one.

We got the drinks package at £38pp per night. It may sound expensive but when you factor in that 15% is added to all of your bar bills it is very good value. We really got more monies worth from it and I will always get one on the rest of my cruises.

Disembarkation was fine just very depressing because we had such a good week and didn't want to get off the ship. I hate the feeling on the morning that it all over and you must get off.

All in all we had a great time. No complaints. We enjoyed MSC so much we are sailing with them again next week. Less

Read more MSC Splendida cruise reviews >>