“Celebration Cruise & Time Share Scam”
Cruise review of Bahamas Celebration

MRAinGA Bahamas Celebration 2 Celebration Cruise & Time Share Scam
MRAinGA
Member Since 2012
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
My husband thought he found the deal during this bad economy: $1000 offered us 2 night stay in Florida, 2 night cruise to Bahamas, 2 night stay in Bahamas, plus we have the option to take 2 other 'vacations' in Mexico, Vegas, Myrtle Beach, and/or Orlando through Caribbean Cruise (aka Celebrity Cruise Line). We arrived at Ramada Plaza Ft Lauderdale and checked with Florida Visitor Center to gather our itinerary- where we found out that we have to participate in a 2 hour presentation (aka time share sales pitch). We complained and said that we can call Caribbean Cruise- which we did and they pointed out that this was in the printed document- we didn't read that fine print. The 2 hour presentation took 4 hours and left me in tears with their high pressure. My anxiety attack took over me when I felt they were not going to let us leave- regardless of the number of times we said that we do not want a time share. They were obstinate and belittling. We were given our cruise pass for the next day. Celebration is a bare bones cruise ship. I've been on the Big Red Boat, Carnival and WindJammer cruises in the past. Celebration provides a try small cabin, decent food, simple entertainment- but don't expected flash or grandeur of larger operations. Do expect $24 pp housekeeping & wait staff fee, $12pp debarkation fee, $18 pp fuel charge, 15% gratuity on each drink. and $16 per day parking fee(valet). Also- $17 pp transportation fee round trip to/from cruise ship to resort the 2 night 3 day resort at Grand Lucaya- was very nice- if you like resort type atmosphere. We also encountered additional resort fees- $70 worth- no room service or bar- strictly grounds fees (energy charge was one). We spoke with other guests and most agreed that we will never take this type of vacation again- we ended spending more money than we expected- practically 50% more and we felt like nomads. The time share presentation was very abrasive and aggravating (1:30-5:30 afternoon wasted). Take the cruise without taking on an other packages- for first timers it's decent way to know if you like cruising or not.
Overall Ratings
Published 07/06/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Bahamas Celebration Review
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?