Carnival Imagination Cruise Review by 3catsdancing: Worst cruise ever--I won't be cruising with Carnival again

3catsdancing
Member Since 2012

Entertainment Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Imagination Western Caribbean Cruises

Worst cruise ever--I won't be cruising with Carnival again

Sail Date: May 2012

All in all the cruise would have been fine except for the employees and the food. On the ship the employees all seemed to be miserable and customer service was non-existent. The worst of the bunch was "Guest Services". Ha Ha. What a joke. The second worst of the bunch were those people standing around chatting with each other at baggage claim. Don't bother asking for help. They will just look at you like you are from a different planet and interrupting their uber important conversations about what they had for dinner the night before or how their kids are doing in Little League. The rest of the crew when you could find them, all looked like the were totally disinterested and it showed in their actions. My 8 y/o grandson even noticed. He said the only nice person was the cabin steward and with the exception of one of the bartenders in the atrium bar he was right.

As for the ship itself, the pool is small and over crowded and the food was mediocre at best. Greasy More bacon and cold mushy waffles at the breakfast buffet. Room service, which we ordered frequently in self defense had a limited menu but was at least edible. On a bright note, the bathroom in the cabin was very clean.

Shore excursions were over priced. The Glass Bottom Boat in Key west was boring. Whatever you do don't go on the Jungle Island excursion in Miami. Very expensive bus ride to the airport with an extremely short diversion thrown in. They dumped us off there before the place even opened. Then when we got to the airport afterwards they dropped us off at the absolute furthest point from our terminal that they could get. We had to walk so far to our terminal we almost missed our flight. And don't call Carnival about it. They won't do anything and if you ask to speak to a supervisor they conveniently won't be able to find one (on a Friday afternoon) and will have to have one return your call. Within 72 hours no less. I'm still waiting for my call.

All in all I have learned a lesson. Read, read, read as many reviews as you can and fully check out the ship you are going on. It is as important as where you are going. Less

Read more Carnival Imagination cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Imagination Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Imagination Interior Main E41

Decent sized room with a good sized clean bathroom. The a/c control is in the ceiling so if you are short like me you will have to call someone to change the temperature every time you need it adjusted or you will just freeze like we did. The beds have been hard on every Carnival cruise I have been on. The drapes over the "window" (inside cabin) were very wrinkled. Looked like my clothes look when I forget to take them out of the dryer for a couple days. The location of the cabin was great though. Just down the hall from the first floor of the Atrium. Very convenient for getting sodas at the bar.

I think this would have been a great place but we didn't arrive until early afternoon. We did go snorkeling at Chankanaab. It was a nice place and there were very few people there....perhaps because it was raining? There is a fee to get in and we didn't do any of the other activities except snorkling. If this is all you want to do, you might try Playa Corona instead. No fee to get in, but they do expect you to order from the bar. By the time we got back from snorkeling it was early evening so that was pretty much the end of our day. I'm sure had we arrived in the a.m. instead of mid day we would have gone and found other things to check out. Looked like a cool place.
Read 3119 Cozumel Reviews

Glass Bottom Boat

(2)
The person who did the talk on was very knowledgable but it still wasn't very interesting. Water was murky and their really wasn't much to see. Maybe on a better water day it would have been better?