Carnival Imagination Cruise Review by PhzGrl: A Nice Get-away, Rain or Shine!

PhzGrl
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Carnival Imagination Bahamas Cruises

A Nice Get-away, Rain or Shine!

Sail Date: June 2012
Destination: Bahamas

My wonderful, handsome husband booked this cruise online, and we researched the reviews until the very last minute. We are frequent travelers and usually vacation at all-inclusive resorts, but wanted to try the cruise experience. It was actually better than we expected. Most of what's been said on the other reviews is accurate, so I'll just "co-sign" the most salient points. No nit-picking here.

We found the staff reasonably friendly, considering they work their behinds off to keep the production that is a cruise going! I caught myself watching the buzz of dining room waiters in awe a few times. The result is that you pretty much get what you order in a decent amount of time. It may not be piping-hot, but stay home and cook or go with another ship if that's an absolute must. For service, Imagination gets an "A" for efficiency. We enjoyed intimate dining as well as the whole dinner with strangers thing. I didn't think I'd like sharing meals with strangers, but it was a good More experience.

The cabins are clean and well-serviced. Our room steward was nice and respectful; he even gave us a few minutes to get out of the room before the turn-down service window closed. We tipped him because, again, we could see that he works extremely hard and keeps a good attitude.

Entertainment is adequate. If you can catch the comedian, last name Acosta, you should. We found him hilarious. The bars and lounges are... meh. We're tax-paying, "old skool" hip-hoppers, but Illusions managed to make us feel just plain old after a short while. Trivia games are fun (I've got to get a Ship on a Stick!) and the lido deck music tends to be a good mix. The towel folding class is so cute, and the casino is good for what it's good for.

The photographers really are everywhere. They'll pose you a gazillion ways if you're interested in a portrait. If not, just remember what Nancy Reagan told you, and you'll be fine.

Embarkment and disembarkment are remarkably non-eventful.

We enjoyed it, but will probably try a longer cruise or stick with all-inclusive resorts. Less

Read more Carnival Imagination cruise reviews >>