Carnival Pride Cruise Review by RedskinFan: Carnival Pride shows through

Compare Prices on Carnival Pride Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Pride shows through

Sail Date: May 2012
Embarkation: Baltimore

Sailed on Carnival Pride out of Baltimore on May 20-27. A first time cruiser I didn't know what to expect but whatever this cruise exceeded my expectations. Cruise Director Jaime Dee was like the Energizer bunny. She was anywhere and everywhere making sure that everyone had a good time. Her energy and spirit were simply amazing. I totally fell in love with her.

Our cruise was to Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and Freeport. Due to bad weather we were not able to stop at Freeport but that was OK because Jaime and her staff found ways to make the extra sea day fun.

The food on the Lido deck was great and plentiful with plenty of choices for everyone and the dining experience in the Normandie Room was extra special. Our wait staff especially Jorge, Gilbert and Marina were very attentive and made sure that every meal was a pleasurable experience. And if you go make it a point to eat at David's Steakhouse. There is an extra 30 dollar per person surcharge but it was worth it. More Great service and great food. The steak was perfectly cooked and the sides were equally good. And for desert they brought out this massive hunk of totally delicious cheesecake. It was easily the largest piece of cheesecake I have ever been served in any restaurant.

Our cabin staff was also great. Mila and her staff made sure our room was spotless and we had plenty of towels and necessities. Each day when we returned to our room there was a very clever towel folded into an animal shape of some sort. This was very entertaining and we took photos of each days different design.

The entertainment was top notch from the singers and dancers to comedian Percy Crews. And the daily trivia contests were always fun and entertaining. The entertainment staff, especially Sarah, Cousin Brucie and Gumby did their best to keep everyone entertained. I am proud to say I won 3 "Ship on a Stick" trophies and just missed a fourth on a tie-breaker in various trivia contests. This was a great first experience and I would sail with Carnival again. especially if Jaime is the Cruise director. As I said I was totally in the tank for her. Whatever Carnival pays her it is not enough. They would do well to reward her any way they can. She is a huge asset to the company and when I book my next cruise I will make sure that Jaime is the Cruise Director. Less

Read more Carnival Pride cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Pride Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Pride Interior Verandah 7142

Cabin was very small for four people with four beds and 1 bathroom. No window and not much room to move but the beds were surprisingly comfortable.