Carnival Pride Cruise Review by madamerkf

Cruise Date: May 2012
Embarkation: Baltimore
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: 7A

My Experience as a Premier Cruiser!
This was a special cruise as both I and my mother were "Premier" cruisers, a first (and hopefully not last) for us both. This was an invite only special for those with a history of dropping lots of money in the casino.

Embarkation: Was a breeze! We did a park and cruise deal with a local hotel that turned out to be cheaper then parking at the pier. On boat by 11:30am and in room with luggage unpacked by 2:00pm. Lido lunch was okay; a sentiment expressed by my party for the duration of the cruise.

Food: we had late seating in the MDR which is pretty typical for us when we travel. Problem first night with being led to table of eight when we requested table of 3. Quality of food was hit or miss; either very good or very not so good. Big problems with MDR breakfasts; first morning left me in tears from having to switch tables three times in 45 minutes and still never being served or even offered water or coffee! Took Casino intervention to rectify and left me afraid to dine solo rest of cruise. Service was sloppy and seemed as if waiters were cutting corners and just not caring. Dinner service was much better and we had no problems with our waiter. Curiously never saw the maitre'd which we found odd as on previous cruises they always stopped by every table at least once during a cruise. Room service was quick, easy, and tasty.

Recreation/Entertainment was great! Plenty to do and CD was a strong presence.

Ambiance: Loved, loved, loved the Pride! Beautiful boat! Yes, lots of nude statues but nothing you don't see in any museum of art. Small enough to negotiate without roller skates but large enough to not feel confined. Loved the "un-mega ship" feel to this beautiful vessel.

Room: Steward was amazing ( Room 5237) although my lamp was broken initially and refrigerator didn't work. Ice filled all the time, brought bucket on his own for our soda cans, beds made, towel animals every night...knew all of our names by the second day! We had an obstructed balcony but was actually fine looking out..just couldn't see down.

Casino: We were treated like gold by Kosi and Liliana. We had special lanyards that identified us a "Premier" cruises and had free drinks in the casino from the first day. Cocktail waiters were amazing and friendly. Casino was a little on the tight side, which made trying to go down row of machines nearly impossible. Machines were a nice mix. Not a table player but they seemed very busy. Smoke was overwhelming at times ( I am not a smoker) and caused me problems with my asthma.

Club O2: My daughter had a blast! Seemed to do a good job of keeping kids busy with lots of age specific activities.

Disembarkation: Somewhat chaotic for us but lines moved quickly. Customs really watching what people were carrying in their hands and saw quite a few people sent to pay duty on liquor purchases.

Publication Date: 06/03/12
Read the Bahamas ports review by madamerkf
More Carnival Pride Cruise Reviews