Explorer of the Seas 5

“Quick 5 day trip to Bermuda”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas

cpasam2419
Member Since 2012
17 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

This is our second trip on the Explorer in the last 8 months. 9 days to New England in September was very good; we needed a quick get-a-way, so 5 days to Bermuda was perfect.

One of the best parts was leaving from Bayonne, NJ - we were able to drive there (parking is very convenient, but quite expensive at $19 per day payable in advance) no airplane hassles with liquids, baggage, weight, delays, etc.!
But watch out for the cruise line's direction to the pier - I have called and informed them that the left turn off of route 440 south that they mention does not exist. They promised to update the directions.

The Explorer is a great ship. What's really helpful is all of the drawer and shelf space in our cabin(65xx). With all we brought, there was plenty of extra room. Actually a much better layout than we found on the Oasis this past January.

Several of the waiters actually recognized us. Very friendly staff.

Dining room food was as expected, while More Portofino's was terrific.

The Windjammer was disappointing for breakfast buffet: Although made to order omelets were great, prepared food, such as pancakes, waffles, etc were found to be cold and mushy.

At lunch, Windjammer hot dogs and burgers were often cold, as were the rolls. I mentioned this in my post cruise survey, and I'm sure I wasn't the only one.

Entertainment and cruise director were great. Public areas terrific.

Old cabin TVs showed their age, but we rarely used the TV, other than to review our account, or get sports scores on ESPN.

No reason not to go on Explorer again. Less

Published 05/18/12

Read Cruise Critic's Explorer of the Seas Review

Explorer of the Seas Cruises to Bermuda

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?