Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by treeskier802

Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: BA

Ship Facts: Norwegian Sky Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Norwegian Sky Deck Plans
Party Boat In The Bahamas
I didn't have a lot of expectations for my 4 day cruise out of Miami on Norwegian Sky. This was my 6th cruise, never having sailed with Norwegian before. I've cruised with Carnival, Princess, and Royal Caribbean.

Embarkation and Debarkation was easy. My wife and I carried our luggage on and off the ship; you can pack extremely light for this cruise so carrying our own luggage on and off the ship was the way to go. With Norwegian, you don't have to pack formal wear--AWESOME!

We kicked off our first day by doing the Pub Crawl, which I'd read good reviews about online. It was fun and a great way to meet fellow travelers. I'd recommend it to those who want to socialize. For $25, you get 5 drinks which isn't a bad deal.

The following day was Freeport. We got with a group of other passengers at the port and took a minivan cab to a great beach with a bar. Really good time and I highly recommend it. Wish I could remember the name of the beach.

Nassau was the following day. Do yourself a favor and grab the number 10 public bus to Cable Beach. Only $2.50 round trip and it's a great beach and pool area. Check out the Smoothie Schack across the street from the hotel for great drinks with real fruit.

The last day was Great Stirrup Cay. One of these days, this will be a nice destination. Still a work in progress and not one of the better beaches I've been to, but all the food is included in your price which is nice.

The ship itself is decorated in a clean, modern way...not over the top and gaudy like a lot of ships. It's also very easy to get around in. The entertainment was pretty decent...the Juggler is a must see and if you can catch the Latin band late night in the pub that is on deck 11 in the front of the ship, you'll be glad you did. Great band, and in fact, I think they should have headlined some shows on the pool deck.

The food was pretty consistent. I've been on a Princess Cruise where I had high expectations and the food was great sometimes and awful at other times. The Norwegian Sky's food was always good. Sometimes it was "blow you away" good, but it was good.

I'd recommend this cruise. Mostly 20 somethings to 40 somethings, and not a lot of silver hair. This would be a great first cruise to see if you like cruising or for someone like me and my wife who like to party once in a while. After cruising Carnival, Royal, and Princess I have to say that Norwegian is probably my favorite cruise line. They have exceptional customer service, the cruise director does a great job keeping the ship fun, good food, and they have the anytime dining down to a "T". Highly recommended.

Publication Date: 05/17/12