Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by marajade418

Embarkation: New Orleans
Cabin Category: 8B
        7-9 3.0

First-timer
I thought I would try a 4 day cruise being my first time but was disappointed it wasn't longer when it was over! Overall we had a wonderful time, our cabin steward, Yoga, was outstanding. We will never be able to cruise without a balcony again as my husband and I spent alot of time there.

The pools are way too small and get crowded. We found that there were few lounge chairs near the pool because people claimed their real estate and left their stuff there all day...so if I wanted to keep an eye on my 9 year old, I had to sit on the side of the pool.

The food was much better in the dining rooms than on the buffet...and twice they closed the buffet about 30 minutes before the end time stated on the program and completely missed the meals...once at breakfast and another day at lunch.

Overall things were pretty organized although you can't hear the announcements if your in your room or on the balcony, so we didn't know we had to go to the muster station until another passenger told us.

Pictures, souvenirs and drinks are quite expensive, so it's no wonder people try to sneak stuff on board. We were glad we were able to bring at least a bottle of our own wine to enjoy on our balcony one evening!

Publication Date: 05/10/12