“First-timer”

marajade418 Carnival Triumph 4 First-timer
marajade418
Member Since 2012
Overall Member Rating
I thought I would try a 4 day cruise being my first time but was disappointed it wasn't longer when it was over! Overall we had a wonderful time, our cabin steward, Yoga, was outstanding. We will never be able to cruise without a balcony again as my husband and I spent alot of time there. The pools are way too small and get crowded. We found that there were few lounge chairs near the pool because people claimed their real estate and left their stuff there all day...so if I wanted to keep an eye on my 9 year old, I had to sit on the side of the pool. The food was much better in the dining rooms than on the buffet...and twice they closed the buffet about 30 minutes before the end time stated on the program and completely missed the meals...once at breakfast and another day at lunch. Overall things were pretty organized although you can't hear the announcements if your in your room or on the balcony, so we didn't know we had to go to the muster station until another passenger told us. Pictures, souvenirs and drinks are quite expensive, so it's no wonder people try to sneak stuff on board. We were glad we were able to bring at least a bottle of our own wine to enjoy on our balcony one evening!
Carnival Triumph Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Balcony

8B7346
Great balcony but not too private. Tiny bathroom but ok for a cruise.

Snorkeling
We went to the Playa Uvas resort in Cozumel. It was only a ten minute ride from the cruise terminal and even though our ship arrived early, they took us straight there and let us on the beach early. The mosquitoes were terrible and gigantic but cleared out as the morning went on. The beach day was inclusive of lunch and all you can drink, although the margaritas were weakened with sprite you can request another one how you like it...if they can understand you! There were very few people there that day so it was easy to get a good chair and snorkel equipment. We even left a little early to go to San Miguel and do some shopping. Don't miss Margaritaville...they don't advertise alot except for the little coupons they hand out for free (very small) margaritas. But it's by the ocean and has a roped off area with free snorkeling and lots of outside tables!
Published 05/10/12
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Triumph Review
Carnival Triumph Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?