Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by Jana60: Carnival Triumph Western Caribbean 5 day out of Galveston

Jana60
Member Since 2009
1,479 Posts

Compare Prices on Carnival Triumph Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Triumph Western Caribbean 5 day out of Galveston

Sail Date: May 2012
Embarkation: Galveston

I just got off the Carnival Triumph Saturday and I had a blast!!! This was my 4th Cruise on the Carnival Triumph, my 9th Carnival Cruise, and my 17th cruise total. I was already a Carnival Fan but now even more. Every single person on board was friendly and helpful at ALL times. They have improved their shows and entertainment. They still have lots of my favorite Karaoke but also had wonderful shows with beautiful sparkling Las Vegas style costumes. The men will like the fact that the costumes are quite revealing but the dancers were not Vulgar. Each evening they had 2 big show room show times, 2-3 Comedy shows in the comedy club, Karaoke, Superstar Karaoke (you get to sing with a live band), a Latin (salsa) dance club, a rock dance club, a piano bar, a small band near the Casino, and sometimes music in the lobby, Outdoor big screen movie,or a deck party. There was something for pretty much any taste. They had a midnight Burlesque show one night that was really cute. Not vulgar as More you might fear but playful with beautiful costumes and great visual effects. I "donated" to the Casino as usual. I don't know if the 2.0 upgrades will be better than what they already had. They served a gourmet burger in the main dining room every night on the alternative menu that was about 1/3 to 1/2 lbs of ground beef with every imaginable topping choice- examples: guacamole, onions, mushrooms, bacon, cheese (of various types), lettuce, tomatoes, etc..... One guy at our table liked it so much he had that burger in various combinations 3-4 times during the cruise! They still had the Lobster in the main dining room on formal night. Only one disappointment. They didn't offer escargot. I was told by others that they still offer it on the 7 day cruises just not on the 5 day. I had an aft balcony for 2 on this 5 day cruise and could not have packed more fun into 5 days and yet the cruise cost less than $1000 dollars total for EVERYTHING!

Some of you may have heard mixed reviews about Carnival cruise line but that is usually because they have not been on a Carnival ship in over 10 years. The ships are a little smaller than some cruise lines newer ships but I like it that way. The standard inner room is larger on Carnival than on pretty much any other cruise line. Our aft balcony had a lovely view but was a little smaller inside than other balcony cabins I've had on the Triumph and other Carnival ships. The Triumph, while not a big ship by modern standards, was still pretty big and had thousands of folks on board and yet many of the staff spoke to me by name as I walked about the ship. It was amazing that they could remember so many names! I have never met more friendly people than on this cruise. I purchased 4 future cruise certificates as I definitely plan to Cruise more with Carnival. Less

Read more Carnival Triumph cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Triumph Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Triumph Balcony Upper

Our Aft Balcony cabin number 7428 was smaller than other Balcony cabins I've had on Triumph and other Carnival ships. Triumph does not have refrigerators as many other ships do but the room steward filled up our portable ice chest at least once per day so cold drinks were always available. There was plenty of storage space and closet space. I always bring some extra wire hangers and highly recommend doing this on any cruise. Bed was VERY firm (too firm for me) but some people like a firm bed.

(5.5)
We didn't do much this particular trip. Just shopping, then drinks and snacks at 3 Amigos. But as a general rule Cozumel is the best port of call on the Western Caribbean route. Great Ruins: Tulum, Great Bars: Senior Frogs, 3 Amigos, etc... Great tours: Mexican fiesta's, Kayaking, snorkeling, scuba diving, mountain bike riding, zip lining....I've pretty much done it all on past trips. There is something for every taste in Cozumel. It is the one Caribbean port of call that I believe I could stay at for a week and not be bored.
Read 3104 Cozumel Reviews

We took an all inclusive beach break to the Reef club with Autoprogreso and enjoyed it. They had a large pool with loungers as well as beach with kayaks etc.... The food and drinks were very good. Fun time was had by all!
Read 284 Progreso Reviews