Viking Fontane Cruise Review by Silverlake_girl

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Viking Fontane Cruise Review by Silverlake_girl
Viking Fontane
Viking Fontane
Member Name: Silverlake_girl
Cruise Date: August 2011
Embarkation: other
Destination: Europe River
Cabin Category: A
See More About: Viking Fontane Cruise Reviews | Europe River Cruise Reviews | Viking River Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Ship Facts: Viking Fontane Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Viking Fontane Deck Plans
Viking River Cruise Line's Vineyards and Vistas Cruise
My husband and I chose this cruise because it was on a small ship (110 passengers) and we liked the idea of a river cruise through Germany. Large cruise ships with days at sea are not something we are interested in doing.

Our cruise through Germany on the Viking Fontane was the best vacation we have ever taken. From the minute we were picked up at the airport in Frankfort, we were treated royally by the Viking staff. Our cabin was comfortable and spacious enough for the amount of time we spent there (mostly just for sleeping). The food was amazing, the wine was plentiful, and after the first night, I knew that I would have to pace myself during meals or I would be packing on the pounds; everything was so delicious.

We had daily tours of the cities, towns, villages and castles that we visited, and there was always free time to explore on our own after the tour. Cruising time was spent on the top deck taking in the beautiful Germany countryside; quaint towns, Riesling vineyards, and I lost track of how many castles we passed by. Viking provided two optional wine tastings, and an optional tour to Rothenburg which we chose to purchase and were very happy with.

I would highly recommend cruising with Viking River Cruises; we had the most wonderful time on this vacation. We came home with so many amazing memories and experiences that will always be a highlight in our lives. We are saving up our money to take a 30th anniversary cruise with Viking in 2014. The only problem is deciding on which cruise we want to take. The one thing I do know for sure is that it will be with Viking and it will be amazing!

Ports we visited in Germany: Trier, Bernkastel, Cochem, Koblenz, Brauback, Rudesheim, Mainz, Miltenberg, and Wurzburg.

Publication Date: 05/08/12