MSC Splendida Cruise Review by ClaireWilko: MSC COMPLETE RIP OFF!!!!!!!!

ClaireWilko
0 Post

Family & Children 1.0

Compare Prices on MSC Splendida Europe - Eastern Mediterranean Cruises

MSC COMPLETE RIP OFF!!!!!!!!

Sail Date: April 2012
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Barcelona

Firstly the ship itself is beautiful and spotless. The shows are spectacular but that was the only positives of our cruise.
Myself and my husband and daughter were looking forward to our weeks cruise and we had always used P&O but we fancied a change so booked on the MSC Splendida as it was advertised as being wonderfull for children. We quickly found out that if you are british and go with children there is nothing for them to do and if they want to have fun you have to pay and pay and pay. There are no children's reps and no one to organise any child activities. My husband and I spent the whole week keeping her occupied which was very difficult.
The biggest bug bear was being charged for everything, we stupidly thought all ships were the same but not MSC they charge you for everything. Firstly you are charged 7 euros each per day for tips then on top of that for every drink or anything purchased on board there is an extra charge of 15% gratuity. Everything is astronomical in More price before they add 15%, you pay for room service, you pay huge amounts to eat at a different restaurant. In your room you have 3 british news channels and if you want to watch a film that you can watch for free at home it is 5 euros, could not believe this.
The food was awful, it is the same food every day and night and if you did not like anything on the menu in the restaurant then you had a choice of a bit of chicken or beef frying steak, talk about being cheap.
My husband and I came together with other Brits on board who were finding everything just as bad, we formed a brits against MSC society. If you are British DO NOT go on MSC it is not aimed at brits and the staff have no time for you unless you have paid for the MSC Yacht club.
We asked the staff if they recieved all the money that we paid in tips and they said no they never saw any money charged to us, in fact the staff are treated just as badly as guests. We complained and insisted that the 7 euro tips be removed from our account as we wished to tip ourselves. The staff that we tipped for wonderful service were so delighted and they deserved it.
Overall you are like a cash machine as soon as you step on board so make sure you have plenty of spends and also as a woman you are leared at constantly which I found very uncomfortable in front of my 11 year old daughter. We are absolutely going back to P&O and will never stray again. Less

Read more MSC Splendida cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's MSC Splendida Review >>

Cabin review: MSC Splendida Standard Balcony Botticelli Deck 10012

We were in room 10012, a balcony cabin, very beautiful, clean and loads of room

OK enjoyed bartering for the price I wanted to pay but be prepared to be harassed