MSC Splendida Cruise Review by Jen and Joe Traveler

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > MSC Splendida Cruise Review by Jen and Joe Traveler
MSC Splendida
MSC Splendida
Member Name: Jen and Joe Traveler
Cruise Date: April 2012
Embarkation: Genoa
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Cabin Category: 1
See More About: MSC Splendida Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: MSC Splendida Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Splendida Deck Plans
Cruising with kids: Don't book MSC- book Royal Caribbean
Kids Zone:

MSC is not a kid friendly cruise for English speaking passengers. Last summer we took a Royal Caribbean cruise and my kids loved the kid's club so much that we could barely drag them out; however, this is not the case with the MSC cruise line. The staff keep the children in one small room playing the same movie over and over again in "Italian only". If the kids do not want to watch the movie, the only other option is to either play table soccer (only one table) or the Wii (only one Wii console). This makes for a very boring few hours. My children begged me not to go back after just one experience.

Entertainment:

I was surprised to find out that MSC offers very few activities throughout the day (both sea days or at port). If you like to do something other than a 30 minute dance lesson, then choose a different cruise line. Although I have to say that at least two of the 6 night shows were very captivating.

Food:

The breakfast and lunch buffet were fantastic. They offered a variety of foods that both my kids and I really enjoyed. Dinner on the other hand was very lacking both in choices and flavor. Voyager of the Seas -Royal Caribbean had such tasty meals EVERY night that I looked forward to dinner on MSC Splendida, only to be let down night after night. I could probably name only a handful of dishes on MSC that were actually appetizing.

Publication Date: 04/16/12