Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review by sas: Amazing!

sas
Member Since 2002

Family & Children 5.0

Compare Prices on Norwegian Pearl Western Caribbean Cruises

Amazing!

Sail Date: April 2012

I have just returned with my family from a 7 night cruise around the Western Caribbean.
I don't think I have ever had such a fantastic experience before!
I really could not fault the staff that work for NCL. They were polite, curtious and always smiling and happy, despite their very long working hours!
Our cabin was cleaned daily and beds were put up and made, or put away and tidied. Rooms hoovered every day.
We had a balcony stateroom, and are glad we went for this option, as I could imagine it might get a bit stuffy with no windows to open, or an option of going to a quiet place for a bit of privacy.
The food on the ship was amazing! We ate mainly in the buffet restaurant, because there was so much variety, and it gave my son the option of what ever he fancied eating that day.
Quality of the food was fantastic, and we are a food loving family! So much choice, from salads, soups, hot and cold dishes, chinese, indian, italian,French...the list goes on, and More this was only in the buffet restaurant!
The pools on the ship were great, and there was a water slide for the kids (over 6's could go alone). Could get a touch noisey in this main pool area due to the music they played.
There was so much to do on the boat you could never get border. NCL really did think of everything! Climbing walls, basket ball courts, running track, casino.
I have never been on another cruise ship before, but I find it hard to imagine how you could get much better than this!
The only complaints my family had were firstly we wanted more time on each island! Secindly, I wasn't keen on the way you were convinced to purchase products in the Spa, when yo uwent for a treatment. the treatments were great, but pricey. These were optional of course, but after a facial at $145, you wouldn't expect to be asked to spend a further $300 (approx.) on products for your skin care routine! I realise the ladies must be paid by commission as well as their actual work, however it was a bit much from my opinion.
Nevertheless, as I'm not scared of saying no, I didn't let this bother me too much, and absolutely enjoyed this cruise. I'm now planning on saving up for the next one in a couple of years!
There are loads of tours you can go on, on each island. We did the horse riding in the water in Jamaica which was fabulous! My 5yr old came to this one and loved it! Best for children with a little experience I would have said.
We also went to the dolphinarium in Cozumel, which was also an amazing experience. Both fo these places offer photographs on your experience which I felt were definitely worth it especially as we couldn't take any pictures ourselves, however they do charge quite a bit for them (horse riding $40 for about 14 on disc, Dolphins £29 for 3!! or 3 pics and DVD for $99!). Last tour for us was on the submarine in Grand Cayman which was a fantastic experience! So beautiful to see our underwater world close up! A bit choppy getting onto the submarine, but fun once we were on it!
Anyone taking trips on the islands, I recommend going on the earlier excursions, otherwise you find yourself with short periods of time on either side of your tour, and if you want to got to the beach as well, some places require a taxi there and back (Grand Cayman and Cozumel), as well as a fee to get onto the beach.
I would definitely recommend this cruise ship, and cruise itself! Less

Read more Norwegian Pearl cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Pearl Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Pearl Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony Deck Nine 9668

Good sized room for 2 adults and 1 child. Clean, tidy, although initially the balcony was not clean on arrival, but the cleaners were still working when we boarded the ship. Nice and quiet location when we needed a rest from the crowds of people. Great view from our side of the ship. Very happy with the room and location of the room.

Dolphin Swim & Encounter

(5)
Great experience! Dolphins were beautiful, and so intelligent. Staff were very informative. Lovely pictures taken, however expensive to purchase afterwards. Only downside was you had to spend about an hour in the sun with no suncream on so the dolphin's water did not get polluted, which is obviously a good idea, but you need to cover up the kids, and your shoulders!!

Submarine Tour

(5)
Excellent experience. Great and informative guide on this tour. Really exciting seeing the underwater wildlife! A little rough getting from the boat onto the submarine but really smooth once inside. No toilets on board the submarine though, so it could be tricky with young children. It's about 10 minutes to get to and from the submarine (each way), then 45 minuets on board.

Everglades Tour

(5)
45 min bus ride to the alligator sanctuary where we went on an airboat around a small part of the everglades, spotting some alligators and other creatures. Really interesting experience. Airboat was cool but a bit noisey, however they supplied ear plugs. Prior to this there was a small display.talk from a guy whoworked closely with the alligators. That was really good, and also very interesting to hear. Definitely glad we chose this over the city tour.

Horseback Riding

(5)
Short ride through some rough ground, then on to a ride through the water! The first part was through some rough ground and not really that exciting, except the fact we were in Jamaica! The real fun was in the water. It's like nothing I have experienced before. I'm not an experienced rider, but love horses, and this was something I had always wanted to do. Totally loved the water part although would like to have had more time!