Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review by Joyful100: Pleasantly Surprised

6 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Pleasantly Surprised

Sail Date: April 2012

My first cruise experience with Norwegian Pearl was wonderful. The embarkation process was a bit slow took about an hour and a half to get on the ship. After getting on there was a nice buffet lunch and a nice welcome party by the pool.

The staff on the Pearl were friendly and really had great customer service. My family and I were really impressed - smiles and a hellos everywhere we turned.

The on-board activities were wonderful -- activites like Bingo, trivia games, Wii challenges, dance classes, health seminars e.g. how to increase your metabolism .... I got so tired trying to fit all the activities in!!!

Everynight there were broadway type shows/juggling/comedy sketches to keep one entertained. Some were better than others. I really enjoyed the crew talent show on the last sea day -- it was amazing!

The nightly parties were great -- even though I personally think that mixing generations is kind of difficult but the Pearl staff handled it More well.

The teen club was amazing -- I hardly saw my 13 year old -- she had lots of fun and made lots of friends.

The food was good. Buffet had lots of different choices even though the selection tended to be repeated but choices were adequate enough for the week. If you are a dessert lover then the buffet is dangerous -- different desserts every day. Icecream (hard and soft serve every day).

Fitness centre was adequate I would say about 10 treadmills, 10 ellipticals, 2 recumbent bikes, 2 upright bikes and strength training sessions. There were some classes like spinning offered but for an extra fee.

Ports of call were good -- I only got off on the private island and Jamaica. Advice --- research the tours that you want to take before going -- when you are there becomes pretty overwhelming with all the choices.

Disembarkation was a night mare -- wish the cruise line could work with customs to make the process better. Took me about 3 hrs to make it through the line!

All in all very lovely vacation. Will cruise again with Norwegian. Less

Published 04/11/12

Read more Norwegian Pearl cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Pearl Review >>

Compare Prices on Norwegian Pearl Western Caribbean Cruises

Cabin review: MA11054 Mid-Ship Mini-Suite with Balcony

11054 - Balcony Mini Suite -- adequate space, adequate storage could be a little noisy below busy floor (12th deck).

Read All Mid-Ship Mini-Suite with Balcony (MA) Reviews >>

Dunn's River Falls

I thought this was a great way to see and find out a bit about Jamaica. We first went to Dunn River Falls where the adventurous climbed the 600 ft falls, while the less adventurous took pictures and sat on the beach. We were shown some local points of interest and taken to a beautiful botantical garden. We ended the tour with an opportunity to shop for some souvenirs.

Compare Prices on Norwegian Pearl Western Caribbean Cruises

Member Since 2012
6 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X