Carnival Destiny Cruise Review by AdkRd: Fabulous trip!!!!

AdkRd
Member Since 2012

Family & Children 2.0

Fabulous trip!!!!

Sail Date: March 2012

From the unbelievable easy embarkation process to the unbelievable easy debarkation process it was a fabulous experience! Yes, the ship is a dated, but the decor is not a reason to like or dislike anything, be it a hotel room or a ship! Every employee was happy and helpful! Food was 95% fabulous! Only a few recommendations, NOT complaints, just "would have been nice" - room service for breakfast was wonderful, however, the rest of the day it was almost impossible to get anyone on the phone and the menu was extremely lacking. Not a big deal, but at midnight, who wants to walk all the way back to the lido deck for a pizza? Yes, we were probably just being lazy.... It would have been nice to have snacks at the bars. No, not the kinds in bowls w/3000 people sticking their hands in, but prepackaged nuts, snack mix, etc would have been nice (for a fee of course! lol). I'm not one to hang out at the buffet all day but like a drink and snack in the middle of the afternoon. One More other thing would be a debarkation breakfast package. Yes, I know you can go up to the Lido, but there were 4 of us w/luggage and doing self assist debarkation. Just a small package (fee of course! ;) ) of granola bars, nuts, etc.) to hold us over until we can get to a breakfast joint.

I really didn't think that drink prices were totally ridiculous. I've paid more in NYC. Even w/drinks, casino, misc stuff I spent less than $400 (on board) for a 5 night cruise. I expected MUCH more! Happy surprise!

Overall great experience!!!! Can't wait to book my next one! Less

Read more Carnival Destiny cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Destiny Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Destiny Balcony Upper 6180

Nice cabin. Near elevators but no real noise from that. No noise from above or below. Glad we chose them!

Snorkeling

(5)
Cannot say enough about what a fabulous day this was in Grand Cayman. Planning on going back for an extended stay!!!!

Stingray Swim

(5)

We chose not to do an excursion here but rather, walk, shop and have a relaxing lunch at Margaritaville (within walking distance to port). Margaritaville was wonderful. Food was not 5 star, but atmosphere was awesome and we were there for a couple of hours hanging out. Other than that, I really don't have anything positive to say about Ocho Rios. Taxi drivers, shop keepers, panhandlers were over and above obnoxious. When we walked out of the port, a taxi literally followed us down the street bugging us (after several polite attempts at telling him no) so we crossed the street to get rid of him. Shop keepers would NOT leave you along for a second. ALso there is a 5% surcharge if you use a credit card. I understand what a poor country it is, but I might have been inclined to spend more money if I didn't feel so harassed.