Carnival Destiny Cruise Review by JoAnn&Mike

Carnival Destiny
Carnival Destiny
Member Name: JoAnn&Mike
Cruise Date: March 2012
See More About: Carnival Destiny Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Carnival Destiny....A GREAT Ship!!!
You know...I read the reviews about a particular ship prior to booking a cruise that I have found that I am interested in...and each and every time I get discouraged and scared from reading the reviews!!! The reviews I read stated the Destiny stinks...the ship is ugly..the ship is old, etc., etc. But even with the horrible reviews...we decided to chance it...and I am SO glad we did!!!!!

We just came off of the Carnival Destiny on Monday, April 2. If you are looking to cruise on this ship --- GO!!! We loved it!!! The crew was "out of their way" friendly, the cabin steward was so! so! accommodating to our needs. Our cabin was always neat and clean, cokes were always iced, wine was always iced...he couldn't have done anything better because it was absolutely PERFECT!!

Bar staff was great. If we wanted a drink..it was there in no time. If we didn't want a drink..we simply said "no thank you"...there wasn't any pressure.

The food...I guess I'm just an "easy to please" person. Food is not my main focus in life...relaxation is. My meals were prepared for me...served to me...cleaned up after me...what more did I need. I love the main dining room for dinner. To me the selection is great. If you can't find something on that menu to satisfy your taste buds...then something is definitely wrong...not with the menu though!!! :-)

We prefer to eat breakfast on the Lido deck buffet. I love breakfast...and the food was good. French toast...eggs...bacon...potatoes...it was all wonderful.

The shows on the Destiny were probably the best we have seen on any of the Carnival ships. The costumes were fabulous, the dancers energetic!! We really enjoyed them!!

OK...now the only negative I have is the tight...tight...tight...slot machines!!! I love to gamble....to have fun gambling...not to just "feed" the slots. These slots did not even give you anything to play with. I do expect to lose...the house always wins, right? But what I do like is to just get a little bit to be able to play for a few hours. Nope...not at all!!! We "fed the slots" on the first night....

The Destiny is one of the larger ships...and yes there are a lot of people. I have so much fun talking to people when I am standing in line...I love to hear where people are from...love to hear their "stories".... Sail with the attitude you are not in a hurry...after all...are you?? It's vacation!!! Enjoy the Destiny...we certainly did!!!!!

Publication Date: 04/08/12