MSC Fantasia Cruise Review by lillie sandham

Cruise Date: March 2012
Embarkation: Barcelona
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: 8
See More About: MSC Fantasia Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: MSC Fantasia Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Fantasia Deck Plans
Read reviews before you book
Having very recently returned from a Mediterranean cruise on the MSC Fantasia, I thought I would share with you my experiences aboard this ship.

We choose this ship for the itinerary and it had the dates we required, however I do wish I had read reviews prior to booking

On first sight of the ship I was very impressed, the ship itself is beautiful, however I was not impressed with the staff most of which were very ignorant and could not be bothered.

We were glad we opted for all inclusive option as we avoided the 15% surcharge on every drink ordered, even water, beverages etc, Still had to pay for drinks during dinner even though we were all inclusive

Drinks, photo's and excursions very expensive

The food was not good, ok if you like a lot of fish and pasta, they do not cater for the Brits, there is however on all the time burgers and hot dogs and when I say all the time I mean every meal time in the buffet restaurant.

My biggest concern was on the day of departure (last day) you had to be out of your cabin for 7am, the ship did not dock in port until 9am. After you had your breakfast you had to go to a designated area to wait to disembark, it did not matter what time your plane or transfer was, we sat in this area which I hasten to add was a smoking area and both my husband and myself do not smoke, for over an hour and a half. We then had to go off the ship to claim our suitcases, we were told we must leave the ship even though our flight home was not until 2100 hours our transfer was to pick us up at 1800 this being the time the ship was due to sail.

We tried to phone to amend our transfer but could not get a reply, we asked the MSC crew if we could possibly go on the transfer bus to the airport as this was not full, we were willing to pay for this but they did not want to know.

All other cruises we have been on allowed you to stay on board and use the facilities, you did have to vacate your room but they did allow you to dine and they provided a room to shower and change while waiting for your transfer to the airport.

I would not recommend this Cruise Company to anyone and will certainly Not be using them again, yes I did read the reviews but only after my Husband had booked, believe me a lot of the bad points in the reviews are true, if like me you like to make up your own mind I wish you good luck The only positive was that the ship was beautiful and extremely clean.

Overall this was a poor cruise and I would not recommend MSC to anyone.

Choose another cruise line. You will regret cruising on MSC.

A very Dissatisfied Passenger