Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by Ariscitacruising: Fabulous/Unforgettable

Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Carnival Liberty Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Fabulous/Unforgettable

Sail Date: September 2011

My husband and I decided to take our 4th cruise. The itinerary caught our interest, since we had never been to Half Moon Cay, St. Thomas or Grand Turk. Our flight arrived at Ft. Lauderdale around 9:00 a.m. and our transportation to the ship was waiting for us. (We always book it through Carnival). The embarkation was a breeze, the next thing we knew, we were enjoying our favorite cheeseburgers on the Lido Deck.

Our room was ready before 2:00 p.m. and we were set. Our suitcases arrived at around 4:00 p.m. just in time to get ready for the early seating dinner. Our waitress and her assistants were absolutely wonderful. We had dinner in the dining room every night and enjoyed the food and service.

1st stop - Half Moon Cay, Carnival's private island. It was very relaxing, the water was beautiful and Carnival provided a nice buffet, which moved along at a good pace. The music and atmosphere were great.

2nd stop - San Juan, Puerto Rico, a place I have visited More very often and was quite familiar with the sites. We just walked around the Old San Juan and absorbed the beauty of the water and old historic buildings. We also visited a free museum as well as purchased beautiful hand made costume jewelry made by a local merchant.3rd stop - St. Thomas, it was beautiful and we took an independent tour that took us to the highest peak. There we were able to admire the beautiful scenery with the ship still at site way below. We did some shopping and visited a beach. St. Thomas reminded me a lot of Puerto Rico, especially the outskirts of Puerto Rico.

4th stop - Grand Turk, my breath was taken away, the water was crystal clear and it was just beautiful. It was very relaxing with the exception of when we went to Margaritaville which was a blast, the partying was just going on and on.

Since this was our 4th cruise, we did not take any Carnival Excursions as we were just interested in relaxing and seeing the beauty of the Caribbean.

We will only cruise with Carnival as all our past cruises have been memorable and a lot of fun. We have enjoyed every moment in each and every one of our cruises.

We have just booked a cruise for October to Aruba, Curaco, La Romana and Grand Turk (I just had to go to Grand Turk again). I hope to have the same experience as I have had in the past. I highly recommend Carnival as their service has always surpassed my expectations. Happy Cruising!!! Less

Read more Carnival Liberty cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Liberty Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Liberty Interior Verandah 8314

Our cabin was a reasonable size, not too big not too small. It was under the lido deck so we could hear when chairs were moved, but we did not spend that much time in the cabin so, it was fine.