Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by believeindreams: Scary beginning

Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Carnival Liberty Western Caribbean Cruises

Scary beginning

Sail Date: March 2012

The day we were leaving, we received an e-mail from Carnival Cruises that there was problems with the Carnival Liberty with the propulsion and the ship would be delayed. This was troubling information and a few hours later we received another e-mail that one of the ship's team members was ill and had to be helicoptered off the ship which would result in further delays.

We were travelling all night and arrived in Miami only to be told that we could board the ship due to the delays and that we would be taken to a market to shop and wait. We were exhausted and just wanted to get some sleep. It was difficult to get answers from any of the Carnival employees about how long the wait would be. Many others from the ship were disappointed with this turn of events and we were concerned about why the ship was having mechanical problems.

Once on the ship, things were a little better, however, I was really disappointed as on more than one occasion, the dishes and cutlery were More stained with food and I find this to be disturbing and not very appetizing. The food was not as good as it had been on our previous cruise either.

We had been on a cruise the previous year with the same cruise line and everything was much cleaner. I would think that with all the worries about outbreaks in close quarters that more care would be taken to ensure cleanliness.

At dinner, in the restaurant our waitress was not very friendly and there always seemed to be a problem with seating arrangements.

My daughter did not enjoy this cruise as much as the first and I was disappointed that this experience coloured her 16th birthday.

I am not certain that I would go on a Carnival cruise again. Less

Read more Carnival Liberty cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Liberty Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Liberty Interior Verandah

We took a shore excursion to see the ruins and went on the River Wallace. The staff were not very friendly and when we went on the boat there wasn't room for everyone. I sat on half a seat for an hour. Not the most comfortable experience.

Since we had been hearing many horror stories about Mexico we chose not to do an excursion, but once there we went downtown and found it to be very friendly and safe.
Read 3106 Cozumel Reviews

Island Tour

(5)
Very beautiful island and our guide tour was friendly and knowledgeable.

We took the island tour. Our guides were not extremely knowledgeable but were friendly.
Read 1646 Roatan Reviews