We chose this cruise because of the destination ports (Italy, Israel and Greece). All of our previous cruising experience was on Holland America. Overall, the ship is in great condition and service was as expected, what I didn't like: ... Read More
We chose this cruise because of the destination ports (Italy, Israel and Greece). All of our previous cruising experience was on Holland America. Overall, the ship is in great condition and service was as expected, what I didn't like:
* Food in dining was sub-par, especially for what we paid. Quality was not good, portions were small - I was surprised they did not have menu and wine options that matched with our destinations - Italy, Israel and Greece.
* Drink packages are not worth it, way too expensive. At best, you come out even for what you spend. Only worth it if you want the "pay-up-front and forget about it" benefit.
* Entertainment was in the center area and was quite loud. There were not great options if you wanted quiet time during the evening. Personally, I would have loved classical - piano, violin, etc.
* Common areas were not as clean as they should have been (around pools especially). Felt like lounge chairs were "well-used" and a bit dirty.
What I liked:
* Service was very good. The only wait times were at some of the more popular bars early evening before dinner. There was a crush of people and you'd have to wait 5-10 min to get a drink. Other than, that - state rooms were well kept, clean and everyone was very courteous.
* Cabin was in good shape. Minor complaint about our back deck - got dirty at times, not sure if that was from soot, or something else. We would read on back and books, ipad had dirt after spending an hour or 2. We were on back - room 8353.
* Excursions - favorite excursion by far was the Multi-Day tour in Israel, guide was well-versed. Read Less