Celebrity Silhouette - August 28, 2020

Haven't booked your shore excursions yet? With more than 100,000 reviews, discover thousands of tour options across the globe.

Log in to view new posts.

Recent Posts
  • OregonCruiser19
    OregonCruiser19 June 25, 2020 3:57 pm

    Hello All,


    Sad to say that the 28Aug2020 Fjords cruise was cancelled. By chance, I had paid for the cruise outright when I booked it in Sept of 2019.  I was on  Celebrity's website, this past May, checking out stateroom availability and found the balcony staterooms half the price as when I booked mine. I contacted them about their "Best Price Guarantee" deal and got a $4200 usd refund within a month. But the pandemic deprived me of my Norway cruise the year, When I received the cancellation email from celebrity I tried to do a "Lift and Shift" to the same cruise in 2021, but it's not the same, it has an extra sea day. So I settled for a 125% FCC. 

  • thepairofus
    thepairofus June 24, 2020 5:24 pm

    I am hoping to get a refund for the same reason as oxfordgirl20  , the price of cruises for 2021 are very expensive with Celebrity at the moment. This is one that we have moved already from March and have one booked for May 2021 with RCI 
    We will wait for 2022. Please report back here how you all change plans.Hope Everyone stays healthy 



  • oxfordgirl20
    oxfordgirl20 June 23, 2020 2:51 pm

    I never thought I’d find myself saying I was pleased to hear my cruise had been cancelled - but I am.

    We had decided not to go but I was waiting until the end of June to cancel, aware that we wouldn’t get our deposit back but only FCC, unless Celebrity cancelled. I’ll get a full refund and look at cruising again - not necessarily with Celebrity as I have loyalty club benefits with NCL and RCI - in 2022 or later, by which time I hope things will be very different.


    Good luck with your future plans, everyone. 


  • paddystewart
    paddystewart June 23, 2020 2:29 pm

    I see the inevitable has happened! Celebrity has today officially extended the suspension of most of their sailings through to September 15, 2020. That includes our August 28th sailing to the fjords.


    Looks like we'll have to go for Plan B. I wonder how long it will take to receive the FCC for this booking. I'll hopefully be able to use it to book the August 2021 sailing to the fjords, although those prices are currently very expensive.




  • dutchclogs
    dutchclogs June 23, 2020 7:31 am
    On 6/21/2020 at 10:40 AM, dutchclogs said:

    Shout out to the moderator -- I think there is a glitch here. 

    Last post has been posted to wrong roll call and all posts after 28 May have disappeared!



    Apologies to all.  I'm the one who is on the wrong Roll Call.  The lack of activity on the Roll Calls is not surprising given the many unknowns at the moment.

Log in to view events.

Pre Cruise Events
On Board Activities
Shore Excursions