The rivers of the world are fast becoming hotspots for travelers. European river cruising has boomed in the last decade, and cruise lines are expanding to more exotic and interesting parts of the globe every year. So whether you'd like to sail gently along as medieval castles float by your balcony or you prefer the hustle and bustle of a trip through an Asian metropolis, we can help you find your perfect river cruise. Take a look at where you can go by riverboat.Find River Cruise Deals
River Cruise BasicsRiver cruises are an increasingly popular option for travelers. Get the inside scoop to find out why and what to expect.
Choose a Europe River CruiseWith so many itineraries offered, choosing a river cruise can be overwhelming. Here are our tips to help you pick your perfect cruise.
New River Cruise Ships on OrderHere's what's on deck for new river cruise ships making a splash in 2017
APT Cruises partners with AmaWaterways to provide perks-laden full-ship charters of Ama's ships.
AmaWaterways' fleet of ships sail Europe's largest rivers as well as in Africa, Asia and Russia.
Avalon operates 15 ships in Europe and eight more in the Galapagos, Mekong Delta, China and Egypt.
CroisiEurope's focus is providing a good value-for-money cruise experience that is decidedly French.
All-inclusive, Scenic offers unlimited drinks and butler service for all guests in Europe.
Uniworld's cuisine and service are on a par with ocean-going luxury vessels, and the decor dazzles.
Viking's Longship-class ships are identical and make for a consistently good cruise experience.
Abercrombie & Kent tours offer high-end cruises on chartered river and canal boats.
Amadeus offers a moderately priced, a la carte cruising experience, and touts its food and wine.
American Cruise Lines' fleet of seven ships sail great American waterways including the Mississippi.
American Queen Steamboat Company harks back to the glory days of Big Muddy riverboat cruising.
Aqua Expeditions specializes in eco-friendly Amazon cruises on a small, luxurious ship.
Blount offers simple, comfortable cruises on its two American, shallow-draft coastal cruise vessels.
Grand Circle offers a mostly American clientele cruises emphasizing other cultures and traditions.
Pandaw's ships all boast promenade decks and ply rivers in the remotest reaches of Southeast Asia.
St. Lawrence Cruise Lines cruises between Canada and New York State, catering to senior travellers.
Tauck is an upscale and all-inclusive river cruise line with a relaxed, elegant vibe.
Travelmarvel ships offer a high standard you would expect from an APT-owned river cruise line.
Vantage specializes in river cruises, land tours, and small-ship voyages for travelers 55 plus.
Victoria Cruises, operating solely on China's Yangtze River, caters heavily to Western tastes.
- 11 Reasons to Take Luxury River Cruises
- 11 Things to Know About River vs. Ocean Cruises
- 13 Things Not to Do on a River Cruise
- 5 Awesome Danube River Cruise Ports You've Never Heard Of
- 5 Best Cities for Pre- and Post-Cruise Stays on the Danube River
- 5 Best Cities for Pre- and Post-Cruise Stays on the Rhine River
- 5 German UNESCO Sites You Can See During a River Cruise
- 5 Perfect Souvenirs from a Europe Christmas Markets Cruise
- 5 Tips for a Paris River Cruise
- 5 Tips for a Venice River Cruise
- 5 Tips for an Amsterdam River Cruise
- 6 Great Mississippi River Downtowns
- 6 Surprising Reasons to Take a Pacific Northwest River Cruise
- 6 Things You Must Know About River Cruising in Africa
- 7 Cool Reasons to Take Mississippi Riverboat Cruises
- 7 Ways to Find Europe Along the Mississippi
- 8 Essential Reasons to Take a European River Cruise
- 8 Fairytale Towns to Visit by River Cruise
- 8 Reasons to Take a Christmas Markets Cruise
- A Guide to Accessible River Cruises
- A River Cruise with a Butler: We Try It on Uniworld and Scenic
- A Truffle, Wine and Cheese Cruise Excursion: We Try It With Viking River Cruises
- A Wine Lover's Guide to a Bordeaux River Cruise
- AmaWaterways vs. Avalon Waterways
- AmaWaterways vs. Viking River Cruises
- Amazon River Cruise Safety: What You Need to Know
- Amazon River Cruise Tips
- American Cruise Lines vs. American Queen Steamboat Company
- American vs. European River Cruises
- APT vs. Scenic River Cruises
- Avalon vs. Viking
- Best Active River Cruises
- Best Budget River Cruise Ships
- Best Family River Cruises
- Best Family-Friendly Cruise Ship Cabins
- Best Luxury River Cruises
- Best River Cruise Cabins
- Best River Cruise Dining
- Best River Cruise Pools
- Best River Cruises for Bicyclists
- Best Time for a Danube River Cruise
- Best Time for a Rhone River Cruise
- Biking Along the Danube: We Try It on Avalon Passion
- Bordeaux River Cruise Tips
- Brahmaputra River Cruise Tips
- Canal Cruise Tips
- Choosing an Amazon River Cruise
- Columbia and Snake River Cruise Tips
- Come Aboard My Hudson River Cruise on American Spirit
- Come Aboard My Nile River Cruise on Uniworld's River Tosca
- Conducting Your Own Orchestra: We Try It With Avalon Waterways
- Contacting Your River Cruise Line
- Creating a New Cruise Itinerary
- Cruise Line Tipping Policies: River and Barge Lines
- Cruising Eastern Europe on the Danube River
- Crystal River Cruises vs. Scenic Cruises
- Crystal River Cruises vs. Uniworld
- Danube River Cruise Lines and Danube River Cruise Itineraries
- Danube River Cruise Port Highlights
- Danube River Cruise Prices: How to Find a Good Deal
- Danube River Cruise Tips
- Douro River Cruise Tips
- Downton Abbey's Highclere Castle Tour on a Viking River Cruise
- Drinking Along the Danube: Wine and Other Drinks to Try on Your River Cruise
- Drinking on the Douro: What to Sip on Your Portugal River Cruise
- East Asia Cruise Tips
- Elbe River Cruise Tips
- Emerald Waterways vs. Vantage Deluxe World Travel
- Emerald Waterways vs. Viking River Cruises
- European Castles to See Along Germany's Rivers
- European Christmas Market Cruises: Beyond the Danube and Rhine
- Exotic River Cruise Tips
- French River Cruise Tips
- Ganges River Cruise Tips
- Grand Circle vs. Vantage River Cruises
- Guadalquivir River Cruise Tips
- How to Choose a Europe River Cruise
- How Wind and Water Levels Could Ruin Your River Cruise
- Irrawaddy River Cruise Tips
- Loire River Cruise Tips
- Main River Cruise Tips
- Mekong River Cruise Tips
- Meuse River Cruise Tips
- Mississippi River Cruise Tips
- Moselle River Cruise Tips
- Most Unusual River Cruise Itineraries
- Murray River Cruise Tips
- New Orleans on Two Wheels
- New River Cruise Ships for 2017
- New River Cruise Ships on Order
- Nile River Cruise Tips
- Ohio River Cruise Tips
- Pictures From a Po River Cruise in Italy
- Pictures From a Russia River Cruise
- Pictures From an Elbe River Cruise
- Pictures From the Chesapeake Shipbuilding Yard
- Po River Cruise Tips
- Private Belvedere Palace Concert: We Try It With Crystal River Cruises
- Rhine River Cruise Prices: How to Find a Good Deal
- Rhine River Cruise Tips
- Rhine River vs. Danube River Cruises
- Rhine vs. Rhone River Cruises
- Rhone River Cruise Lines and Rhone River Cruise Itineraries
- Rhone River Cruise Port Highlights
- Rhone River Cruise Tips
- River Cruise Excursions: Free vs. Fee
- River Cruise Prices: A Primer for the First Timer
- River Cruise Tips
- River Cruise Tips for Wine-Lovers
- River Cruising Trends: Europe
- River Cruising With Backroads: We Try It on AmaWaterways' AmaSonata
- Rolling on the River: Discover the Mississippi River's Best Marine Museums
- Russian River Cruise Tips
- Scenic vs. Tauck
- Scenic vs. Viking River Cruises
- Seine River Cruise Tips
- Slideshow: River Cruise Queens of the Mississippi
- Tauck vs. Uniworld
- Tauck vs. Viking River Cruises
- Thames River Cruise Tips
- The 15 Best Small Cruise Ship Lines
- Tibet Cruise Tour Tips
- Tips for Choosing an Asia River Cruise
- Tips for Tasting: Cruising Along Kentucky's Bourbon Trail
- Top 7 Tips for Cruising with an Elderly Parent
- Tulip River Cruise Tips
- U.S. River Cruises: 9 Things to Know
- Uniworld vs. AmaWaterways
- Uniworld vs. Scenic
- Upper Mississippi River vs. Lower Mississippi River Cruises
- Viking River Cruise vs. Viking Ocean Cruise
- Viking River Cruises vs. CroisiEurope and A-Rosa
- Viking River Cruises vs. Grand Circle Cruise Line
- Viking River Cruises vs. Vantage Deluxe World Travel
- Viking vs. Uniworld
- What Is a Wheelhouse on a River Cruise Ship?
- What to Expect on a River Cruise: Airport Transfers
- What to Expect on a River Cruise: Are River Cruises Safe?
- What to Expect on a River Cruise: Cabins
- What to Expect on a River Cruise: Dining on a River Cruise
- What to Expect on a River Cruise: Docking Locations
- What to Expect on a River Cruise: Families and Children
- What to Expect on a River Cruise: Low River Water Levels, High River Water Levels and Weather Issues
- What to Expect on a River Cruise: Shore Excursions
- What to Expect on a River Cruise: What's Included in My Cruise Fare?
- What to Expect on Vantage River Cruises
- What to Pack for a River Cruise in Europe
- Where to Find the Mississippi River Blues
- Which River Should You Cruise? Pick By Interest
- Why Amadeus Is the River Cruise Line for You
- Why AmaWaterways Is the River Cruise Line for You
- Why Avalon Waterways Is the River Cruise Line for You
- Why CroisiEurope Is the River Cruise Line for You
- Why Crystal Mozart Is the River Cruise Ship for You
- Why Delfin Is the River Cruise Line for You
- Why Emerald Waterways Is the River Cruise Line for You
- Why Go There: 8 Reasons to Cruise Along the Douro River
- Why Grand Circle Is the River Cruise Line for You
- Why Scenic Is the River Cruise Line for You
- Why Tauck Bridges Is the Family River Cruise for You
- Why Tauck is the River Cruise Line for You
- Why Uniworld Is the River Cruise Line for You
- Why Vantage Is the River Cruise Line for You
- Why Viking River Cruises Is the River Cruise Line for You
- Wine on the Rhine: Drinking Your Way Along the Rhine River
- Wine Sailings on Pacific Northwest River Cruises
- Yangtze River Cruise Prices: How to Find a Good Deal
- Yangtze River Cruise Tips
This was our first River Cruise. We enjoyed the size of the ship and that there were only 168 guests, which made getting to know people very easy. The cruise director, Andreea, was exceptional - she managed all aspects of our itinerary seamlessly. ... Read more
Expected moreBazza54I was not sure what to expect from this cruise as I had never been on a river cruise before but having said that it was not that good! First im going to say the good things. The boat was first class The crew were first class The food ... Read more
Very good and not-so-goodGEMINBSThis was my first riverboat cruise after almost twenty traditional cruises. Pros: 1) Ship was new & beautiful; 2) my single cabin w/balcony was very comfortable and clean with nice bathroom; 3) cuisine was the best I've had on any cruise line in ... Read more
Memorable cruiseJSBailI had been on two river cruises before with AMA Waterways but this time chose Uniworld as it offered an Italian experience. The River Po is not itself particularly interesting although it does offer a change from the Venetian lagoon, which in ... Read more
Great ExperienceLcoonHaving never been on any cruise and not wanting to be herded along, we were cautious about selecting a river cruise. We were three couples traveling together and knew where we wanted to go after some research. We chose AmaWaterways because it seemed ... Read more
Great Bordeaux CruiseRodney4246My wife and I have now completed four river cruises with Scenic and yet again we have not been disappointed, it was excellent. The cabin was clean and tidy at all times by the housing keeping service, the butler service was great being on call at ... Read more
Sadly disappointedPendle WitchWe sailed on 13th sept 2017 We chose this cruise from Bucharest to Budapest because of the itinerary and we were not disappointed. The various trips out and the insight into the history was excellent. We were supposed to be on Sky but it was ... Read more
- Booking with Viking Air Viking Cruises
- THE QUEEN IS BACK: The Delta Queen Returns to Service! gkbiiii
- Uniworld Paris to Normandy - details on overnight stays SOShrink
- Tipping advice Mark_T
- Viking Osfrid Douro River Cruise review beanpittsburgh
- Amsterdam to Basel: Ira on the Rhine. Cobbie48
- Looking for ideas for our first day in Budapest. clasater
- Viking Price Increases Mark_T