Immediately upon stepping foot onboard Celebrity Summit, one gets a sense of the ship's elegant yet youthful vibe. The design is contemporary with a whimsical flair, and while there are no water slides or rock climbing walls, you will find other playful areas, such as the pool deck, where with a game of cornhole (beanbag toss) is played while a DJ spins the latest hits in the background, or at the Sunset Bar, where you can dance along to live acoustic jams with your favorite cocktail in hand.
Celebrity Summit Overview
250,000+ people have entered their email
Foodies, in particular, will enjoy a cruise on Celebrity Summit for its variety of culinary offerings that range from the traditional to such unique dining experiences as a virtual dinner show called Le Petit Chef, where a 3D animated chef prepares your meal.
While there is plenty for everyone to enjoy on Celebrity Summit, suite passengers will find many more services that cater to them. The Retreat Lounge, for instance, offers concierge service, complimentary drinks and entertainment throughout the day. All the way up on Deck 12, the Retreat Sundeck provides suite passengers with their own sunbathing sanctuary, surrounded by unobstructed ocean views. All of these spaces give cruisers staying in Sky Suites and above a feeling of exclusivity and the ability to enjoy suite perks in private spaces outside of their cabin.
Celebrity's culinary and suite offerings certainly mesh with the line's modern aspirations, but not everything does. Some entertainment lounges feel dated, and we were underwhelmed by the variety of theater productions and some of the live musical acts. (That said, live music prevails on this ship during the evening hours, and you're likely to find something that suits your tastes.)
Overall, Celebrity Summit makes for a relaxing yet fun cruise experience, where food and cocktails take center stage, and Instagram-worthy moments abound. The crew, who are outgoing, engaging and committed, further elevate the experience, with plenty of senior staff engaging with passengers (photos with the captain, anyone?).
Included with your cruise fare:
- Meals in the main dining room, the Oceanview Cafe buffet area, selected eateries and room service before 11 p.m.
- All theater shows and most evening entertainment options
- Most daily activities unless noted below or in the daily program
- Use of the fitness center, but not most fitness classes
- Daily Gratuities (but only for those from Australia or New Zealand and paid in AU and NZ dollars)
Not included with your cruise fare:
- Gratuities ($15.50 per person, per day for standard cabins; $16 per person, per day, for Concierge and AquaClass rooms; and $19 per person, per day for suite passengers)
- Automatic 20 percent gratuity on beverage, mini-bar, spa and salon purchases
- All beverages except water, tea (including iced tea), basic coffees and select juices in the buffet
- Meals at Tuscan Grille, Sushi on Five, Qsine, plus snacks at selected venues
- Spa treatments at the Canyon Ranch Spa
- Most fitness classes
- Entry to the Persian Garden thermal suite (except for those staying in AquaClass staterooms, for whom entry is complimentary)
- Daily activities like wine tastings, select game shows, bingo and art auctions
- Shore excursions
- Casino play and tournaments
- Wi-Fi packages
- Photos and art gallery purchases
Top Celebrity Summit Itineraries
Celebrity Summit10 Night Bermuda, Newport And CharlestonBayonne , Newport, Charleston, Charleston, King's Wharf, King's Wharf, King's Wharf, BayonneNow
Celebrity Summit12 Night Boston, Maine & Canada CruiseBoston, Portland , Bar Harbor, Quebec City, Quebec City, Charlottetown , Sydney , Halifax, BostonNow
Celebrity Summit7 Night Southern Caribbean CruiseSan Juan, St. Thomas, St. Kitts , Antigua, St. Lucia, Barbados, San JuanNow
Celebrity Summit7 Night Bermuda & Newport CruiseBayonne , Newport, King's Wharf, King's Wharf, King's Wharf, BayonneNow
Celebrity Summit15 Night Panama Canal Westbound CruiseFort Lauderdale , Cartagena , Colon , Puntarenas , Puerto Quetzal , Puerto Vallarta, Cabo San Lucas, San DiegoNow
Celebrity has been marketing itself to professionals 35 and older who love food and wine, although the ship still attracts a substantial number of baby boomers, as well as a large number of repeat customers. Passengers generally embody a low-key partying spirit -- in general, imbibing seems responsible.
Celebrity Summit Dress Code
Daytime: During the day, the dress code is resort casual.
Evening: Celebrity passengers tend to dress up for dinner -- typically button-down or dressy Tommy Bahama-type sport shirts and slacks for men and dresses or smart-casual pants for women. Formal night on Celebrity has been replaced by "evening chic" in the main dining room. This means that men can ditch the full suit and tie in favor of a sport coat and collared shirt, with designer jeans. Women can wear cocktail dresses, sundresses or designer jeans or nice pants. In the buffet, almost any form of dress is allowed except swimwear, flip-flops, spa robes and bare feet.
Not permitted: T-shirts, swimsuits, robes, tank tops, caps and pool wear are not allowed in the main dining room or specialty restaurants at any time. Shorts and flip-flops are not allowed during evening hours.
For more information, visit Cruise Line Dress Codes: Celebrity Cruises.
Awards and Recognition
Cruise Critic Cruisers’ Choice
- 2019 Best Overall
- 2019 Best for Dining
- 2019 Best for Service
- 2019 Best for Value
- 2018 Best Overall
- 2018 Best for Dining
- 2018 Best for Embarkation
- 2018 Best for Service
- 2018 Best for Value
- 2017 Best for Embarkation
- 2017 Best for Value
- 2016 Best Overall
- 2016 Best for Dining
- 2016 Best for Embarkation
- 2016 Best for Value
- 2015 Best for Dining
- 2015 Best for Shore Excursions
- 2014 Best Overall
- 2014 Best for Cabins
- 2014 Best for Dining
- 2014 Best for Embarkation
- 2014 Best for Entertainment
- 2014 Best for Fitness
- 2014 Best for Public Rooms
- 2014 Best for Shore Excursions
- 2014 Best for Value
- 2013 Best Overall
- 2013 Best for Cabins
- 2013 Best for Dining
- 2013 Best for Embarkation
- 2013 Best for Entertainment
- 2013 Best for Fitness
- 2013 Best for Public Rooms
- 2013 Best for Shore Excursions
- 2013 Best for Value