Sky Princess is an elegant addition to the Princess Cruises fleet. It maintains many of the line's traditions (three main dining rooms, central Piazza, several pools and a demur onboard atmosphere) that cruisers of all ages love and goes all in on a neutral-based decor that give the ship a timeless look.
Sky Princess Overview
250,000+ people have entered their email
The ship also layers on more modern features that we believe will attract more Gen Xers and even older Millennials. From USB ports in rooms to a digital escape room experience that changes every time you play, the ship is very much a 21st-century vessel.
Evening entertainment, in particular, is fantastically contemporary, with songs that stretch from the 70s to current radio hits, slick dance sequences and over-the-top costumes, and special effects that include laser light shows and pyrotechnics. (With that said, we sat next to a 70-something who was whooping and hollering throughout one of the shows, so it's not just for the younger set.)
Another wonderful addition? Bistro Sur La Mer, a noisy, vibrant, casual extra-fee eatery from a three-Michelin star chef, with some of the best food on the ship.
With the exception of its buffet, which is fine but nothing special, dining throughout the ship is wonderful. Even if you never venture outside of the main dining rooms, you'll find enough variety to satisfy all your tastes. (You're doing yourself a disservice if you don't make it to the complimentary Alfredo's Pizzeria!)
Our only area of disappointment on Sky Princess was the service, which wasn't as good as we've come to expect from Princess. We encountered small snafus throughout the cruise and many crew members were not quite as friendly as we expected. The exception were the bartenders who were using the OceanMedallion onboard technology system to surprise cruisers by calling them by name, even when they'd never met before.
Overall, Sky Princess does a great job of bridging the gap between the line's more traditional offerings and a much-needed infusion of modern style and entertainment.
Included with your cruise fare:
- All meals in three main dining rooms and World Fresh Marketplace, plus meals and snacks at the International Cafe, Alfredo's Pizzeria and Salty Dog Grill; also 24-hour room service (most items)
- Production shows in the Princess Theater and Vista Lounge, and live music in lounges around the ship
- Most activities and events listed in the Princess Patter daily program
- Movies Under the Stars screenings
- Use of the fitness center, but not most fitness classes
- Water, coffee, tea and select juices in the main dining rooms and World Fresh Marketplace
- Camp Discovery Youth Center programs (generally through 10 p.m.)
- Use of the mini-golf course, most pools, basketball court, jogging track
Not included with your cruise fare:
- Daily gratuities of $14.50 per person, per day for standard rooms; $15.50 for mini-suites and Club Class suites; and $16.50 for full suites
- All beverages, except water, tea, coffee and select juices -- plus an 18 percent auto-gratuity on beverage purchases
- Most specialty dining venues
- Treatments and products in the Lotus Spa, along with an 18 percent auto-gratuity
- Access to The Enclave thermal suite in the Lotus Spa
- Organized fitness classes in the gym
- Access to the adults-only Sanctuary on Deck 18, cabana rentals in the Sanctuary and by the Retreat Pool
- Shore excursions
- Wi-Fi packages
- Fee-based activities including the Phantom Bridge escape room, casino play, bingo, alcohol tastings and shopping programs
- Optional OceanMedallion accessories
- Babysitting in Camp Discovery after 10 p.m. ($5 per child, per hour)
- Copies of photos taken by ship photographers
- Retail shop purchases
Top Sky Princess Itineraries
Sky Princess11 Night Europe - Northern CruiseCopenhagen, Oslo, Berlin, Tallinn, St. Petersburg, St. Petersburg, Helsinki, Stockholm, CopenhagenNow
Sky Princess7 Night Canada / New England CruiseNew York , Newport, Boston, Bar Harbor, Saint John , Halifax, New YorkNow
Sky Princess10 Night Caribbean - Southern CruiseFort Lauderdale , Aruba, Bonaire, Grenada, Dominica, St. Thomas, Grand Turk, Fort LauderdaleNow
Sky Princess15 Night Transatlantic CruiseFort Lauderdale , Brussels, Rotterdam, Aarhus, CopenhagenNow
Sky Princess10 Night Caribbean CruiseNew York , St. Maarten, St. Kitts , Aruba, Fort LauderdaleNow
Sky Princess draws a mostly adult passenger base with the majority of cruisers coming from North America and the U.K. During school holidays you'll find plenty of families with kids, but the rest of the year, the average age range is 50s to 70s. Cruisers are well to do and educated, and appreciate the relaxed atmosphere onboard. Princess cruisers tend to be avid trivia players, buy out every spot in the adults-only Sanctuary within the first cruise day, love live music and pack the theater every night for shows.
Sky Princess Dress Code
Daytime: Daytime dress on Sky Princess is casual and driven more by the destination and the temperature than anything. On warmer weather sailings, shorts and T-shirts are common inside the ship, while bathing suits and cover-ups are the norm on outside decks.
Evening: Smart-casual most evenings: dresses, or nice pants or a skirt paired with a blouse for women, and nice pants and collared or button-up shirts for men. Once or twice per cruise is formal night. Women wear evening gown, cocktail dress or nice pant suit, while men don dark suit or dinner jacket and slacks. Tuxedos are encouraged but rarely seen.
Not permitted: Swimwear, shorts, ball caps and jeans with fraying and/or holes are not permitted in the dining rooms or fine dining restaurants. Shoes must be worn at all times and in all venues.
For more information, visit Cruise Line Dress Codes: Princess Cruises.