CocoCay, formerly Little Stirrup Cay, is an island in the Bahamas' Berry Island chain. Located between Freeport and Nassau, it provides 140 acres of private beaches, shopping and activities exclusively for passengers of Royal Caribbean, which has leased the island since 1990. Celebrity Cruises, which is owned by Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., also makes calls there.
Port of CocoCay
Find a Cruise to the Bahamas
Good to Know
You'll incur additional fees for alcoholic beverages, souvenirs and shore excursions. The use of beach chairs is free, but an umbrella rental will cost you $12 for the day. Visitors can use their onboard accounts for such purchases while ashore.
What Sets It Apart
In addition to the typical beaches and souvenirs, CocoCay also offers a nature trail and a sunken replica of Blackbeard's ship, Queen Anne's Revenge.
A straw market offers the usual island souvenirs -- purses, jewelry, clothing and the like. Hair-braiding is also available. You'll need cash if you'd like to purchase any of the items offered there. There are no other shops or restaurants on the island.
What's for Lunch
In the way of food, you'll find a complimentary island barbecue with the usual grilled fare: hot dogs, hamburgers, salad, fruit, etc.
More Cruise Itineraries
- Grandeur of the Seas Cruises to the Bahamas
- Navigator of the Seas Cruises to the Bahamas
- Enchantment of the Seas Cruises to the Bahamas
- Anthem of the Seas Cruises to the Bahamas
- Rhapsody of the Seas Cruises to Transatlantic
- Independence of the Seas Cruises to the Western Caribbean
- Mariner of the Seas Cruises to the Bahamas