(3 p.m. GMT) -- Marella Cruises has released its summer 2020 programme -- revealing six new cruises from the UK,two new fly cruises and three new ports of call.
The adults-only Marella Explorer 2 -- launching in May 2019 -- will offer six ex-UK sailings departing from Newcastle and Southampton, including a mix of Iceland, Norwegian Fjords and Baltic itineraries.
The line will also roll out M Club -- the kids club that debuted on Marella Explorer earlier this year -- across the fleet from summer 2019.
Each ship's kids' club will be redecorated with the M Club theme and will offer free sessions for three to 11 year olds, with activities including arts and crafts, movie nights and the opportunity to meet the M Club puppet characters.
The new summer 2020 itineraries in full:
- Seven-night Fabulous Fjords departing from Newcastle on July 25, calling at Flam, Nordfjordeid, Alesund and Stavanger.
- 14-night Baltic Charms calling at Oslo, Norway; Gdynia (for Gdansk), Poland; St Petersburg, Russia (overnight); Helsinki, Finland; Stockholm, Sweden; Visby, Sweden; Warnemunde (for Berlin) Germany; and Kalundborg (for Copenhagen) Denmark.
- Seven-night Magnificent Fjords departing from Newcastle on August 29, calling at Flam, Bergen, Eidfjord and Kristiansand.
- Eight-night Treasures of the Fjords departing from Southampton on September 22, calling at Haugesund, Eidfjord, Flam,Nordfjordeid and Stavanger.
- 14-night Legends of Fire and Ice departing from Newcastle on August 1, calling Invergordon, Scotland; Lerwick, Shetland; Reykjavik, Iceland; Isafjord, Iceland; Akureyri, Iceland; Flam, Norway; Bergen, Norway; Stavanger, Norway.
- 14-night Best of the Baltics, departing from Southampton on September 8, with calls in Aalborg, Demark; Kiel, Germany; Stockholm, Sweden; Tallinn, Estonia; St Petersburg, Russia (overnight) and Helsinki, Finland.
- Seven-night Aegean Explorer on Marella Explorer, departing from Corfu town on May 15 and October 2, calling at Argostoli, Kefalonia; Istanbul, Turkey; Bozcaada, Turkey; Piraeus (Athens), Greece and Kalamata, Greece.
- Seven-night Mediterranean Secrets on Marella Discovery, departing from Palma, Majorca, on various dates from June to October, calling atPortoferraio, Italy; La Spezia, Italy; Cannes, France; Toulon (for the Cote d’ Azur), France and Ibiza Town, Ibiza.
New ports for the line's 2020 programme include Visby in Sweden; Nordfjord in Norway and Sarande in Albania.
Chris Hackney, Marella Cruises' managing director, said: "We’re really excited to be putting our summer 2020 cruise holidays on sale earlier than ever before, we’re always looking at ways that we can offer our customers even more flexibility and choice when it comes to choosing a cruise and this just marks the next step in our continued plan of putting our customers in the middle.
"Our summer 2020 programme offers customers more amazing destinations and itineraries visiting some of the most sought after corners of the world, this alongside more choice when it comes to cruises that depart on our customer’s doorsteps from Newcastle and Southampton means there’s something for everyone.”
--By Kerry Spencer, Editor, U.K.