May 2, 2018
(5:15 p.m. BST) -- Prince Harry, the youngest son of Prince Charles and the late Princess Diana, is set to marry actress Meghan Markle on May 19. Cunard Line will be celebrating onboard Queen Mary 2, Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth, which will respectively be in the middle of a transatlantic voyage, in Scotland and in Russia on the "big day".
Various festivities will be offered, allowing passengers to toast the couple:
- Screening of the Royal Wedding
- Royal Wedding afternoon tea with specially created cakes including the Union Jack Butterfly, Chocolate Crown, Victoria Wedding Cake along with traditional finger sandwiches, scones, clotted cream and jams
- Celebration cocktails including the Princess Bride, The King's Steed, American Beauty, Midnight Over the Atlantic and P.S. I Love You
- Commemorative dinner and keepsake menu in the main dining rooms
- Celebration cake -- modelled after the bride and groom's -- made of lemon and elderflower to be served in each of the restaurants
- Champagne at dinner
"We are excited to celebrate the Royal Wedding with our guests onboard all three Cunard Queens," Simon Palethorpe, Cunard's senior vice president, said in a statement. "We are thrilled to honour this special moment and to commemorate Cunard's longstanding ... relationship with the Royal Family."
Cunard has strong ties to the Royal Family, naming its ships after several matriarchal figureheads. According to a press release from the line, Queen Elizabeth II attended her first Cunard event in 1938 at the age of 12 and has since launched and named four of the line's vessels.
There are rumours that Prince Harry and Meghan will honeymoon in Namibia, but we think they should check out one of the 10 best honeymoon cruises.
--By Ashley Kosciolek, Editor