(11:57 a.m. EDT) -- Celebrity Cruises is rolling out 20 new fitness classes and seminars as part of a redesigned program created in partnership with Canyon Ranch. The offerings are divided into six categories: sweat, conditioning, longevity, mindfulness, nutrition and acupuncture.
"At Celebrity Cruises we're always looking for ways to pump up the volume and raise the bar," Brian Able, senior vice president of hotel operations for the line, said in a news release. "Together with the Canyon Ranch team, we saw the opportunity to enhance our guest experience by revamping our fitness program and adding brand-new classes inspired by the latest developments in fitness."
Added Sandra Foyil, senior vice president of Canyon Ranch at Sea: "Wellness is a lifestyle, and this redesigned program empowers our guests to evolve their workout regiments along on the high seas.
"Fitness enthusiasts and beginners alike will discover a wide range of experiences to challenge themselves and improve their well-being for optimal health."
Among the new classes and seminars are:
- Sweat: A high-intensity interval workout that originated in Japan, Tabata Impact offers cardio and training techniques to provide a full-body workout using enhanced core-strength training exercises.
- Conditioning: Pilates to the Beat is a mat-inspired class choreographed to upbeat pop songs.
- Longevity: The Age-Defying Technology seminar talks about the latest technologies, services and products that Canyon Ranch offers to help slow the aging process down.
- Mindfulness: Incorporate mindfulness of form, energy and presence of mind with Spiritual Cycling.
- Nutrition: Learn about the most effective detoxifying foods with the Detox 101 seminar.
- Acupuncture: This seminar, taught by a licensed acupuncturist, teaches about Acupuncture for Pain Relief.
The program launches in June on all Celebrity cruise ships. Seminars will be free, while some classes will incur an extra fee, starting at $11.
--By Dori Saltzman, Senior Editor